Talon IV - 3.6 inch 1911 Holster

This is a discussion on Talon IV - 3.6 inch 1911 Holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just looking at the Nighthawk Talon IV online and I was wondering, if one was to purchase this gun, what holster would fit ...

Thread: Talon IV - 3.6 inch 1911 Holster

I was just looking at the Nighthawk Talon IV online and I was wondering, if one was to purchase this gun, what holster would fit it? 3.6 inch 1911 is an oddball length, 4 inch holsters seem to be the closest. I've heard of Milt Sparks and other custom 3.5 inch holsters but would this fit in those models (this is .1 inch longer)?

I have no personal experience but I would think as long as it has an open bottom, a holster for a 3" 1911(EMP, Kimber Ultra) will work. The slide will be able to stick through the bottom. Although this a Nighthawk gun so you might want to look into getting something custom made to fit absolutely perfectly. I ordered a UBG canute I'm sure Nate would be able to accomodate the slightly longer Talon.

I believe the Colt version actually wears a 3-5/8" barrel (3.625"). I don't know about any others. Double check with your holster maker, but I would think you'd be OK.
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

I have the Talon IV, it's a great gun accurate as heck and totally reliable. I find that holsters designed for Colt's Officer ACP generally work well with the Talon. I have a Lou Alessi PCH for a 3.5" 1911 and it works perfectly. For OWB I cannot recommend highly enough the Axiom holster from Milt Sparks. Comfortable. Concealable. It's my favorite and I have one for each of my 1911's -- my Colt Government, Wilson Professional and my Nighthawk Talon IV.

thanks for all the suggestions...I don't have one but I am considering a NHC for my next gun but I don't have the funds quite yet.

Yep, the Officer's model (OACP) would be the one you want. I've got a T3 model myself, it's more or less a hot rodded Talon III model. I love this gun, it's the smoothest, most accurate pistol I've ever fired. Nighthawks are expensive, no doubt about that but they're worth it.
    Jack

Sponsored Links