EL Paso Saddlery

EL Paso Saddlery

This is a discussion on EL Paso Saddlery within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody on this message board ordered and received a holster or belt from El Paso Saddlery lately? I had read elsewhere on-line that the ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EL Paso Saddlery

EL Paso Saddlery

Has anybody on this message board ordered and received a holster or belt from El Paso Saddlery lately? I had read elsewhere on-line that the quality of their leatherwork had dropped. I like the looks of their products in the on-line catalogues but am leery of ordering if they have fallen in quality and service.

--no personal experience, but the stuff displayed at their booth at the NRA convention looked great.

Administrator
    I've use a couple of their Western SAA rigs but, that was quite a while ago.
    I've not read anything about their quality going downhill.

I would go ahead and order what you want if you see something you like.
    Their return policy has always been solid and simple concerning their Satisfaction Guarantee.

Here it is:

QUALITY ASSURANCE: All of our products are statisfaction guaranteed. If you are not happy, neither are we.

RETURNS: If there is a problem and an item needs to be returned, please call before sending it back. We will make every effort to correct or replace the product expediently. Remember, we cannot take any responsibility if the item has been modified in any way. Due to the customized nature of our products, some returned items may be subject to a 20% "custom goods returned" charge. Please measure yourself correctly, using the formulas located on our Measurements page (click here to view our Measurements page) in order to prevent sizing mistakes.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

GC
    I have several of their holsters. My last was received a couple of months ago and it is a fine holster and fully the equal of my older models. I plan on ordering a couple more in the near future, I hope there aren't problems at EPS.

I dealt with them last year and they have great customer service and nice holsters.
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

VIP Member

I Hope You Heard Wrong!!

This is my set up from El Paso. Its about 2 years old and all done in Fishscale Stamping. I know the pic is blury but I do not own a tri pod and my hands are very shakey. I hope what you heard is wrong because I need to reorder the belt in a smaller size since I lost weight. The holster is the Street Combat.
    Attached Images

I have a Street Combat for a S&W 640 .357. It is an OK holster, but I do not consider it in the same league as Sparks or K&D for two. I also recently received a holster from Bluegrass Holsters for a M 60 3 inch barrel, and it is superior to the EP holster I have.

I showed it to a friend who as a hobby makes a holster now and then, and who has a good friend who is a saddle maker who makes holsters also. He immediately said it looks as if it were made by a saddle maker, and not a top holster maker.

I realize others have different opinions, but I can just report my own experience. Not a bad holster, but I would not buy it again. I also do not like the suede lining.

Regards,
    Jerry

I've noticed that holster makers who have a significant presence in the western / SASS world don't make as concealable a holster as those who's business is entirely focused on the 'carry' market. Maybe that applies here.

There are two different website sporting similar names. Ones across the border in Mexico the other one is the original US one.

El Paso Saddlery - Holsters
    I have several holsters some of which are over 15 yeas old, and belts from El Paso Saddlery and have never had any problems with them. Fine tooling and detail work. Fine examples of American artisanship.

http://www.el-paso.co.za/
    The other one El Paso Leather shop, I have no experience with, and can only guess those who are having problems are buying from the south of the border website.

I have 2 El Paso "Street Combat #88" (my favorite model). Bought the tan at a Gun Show and the black one at El Paso's website about 2 months ago. No feedback on customer service because I never had the need to. Regarding turnaround times, it was faster than what I had anticipated - about 3 1/2 weeks.

Quality? Excellent, check out my pictures and you decide. In fact, I was very happy with my order than I'm currently looking at their catalogue for my next order.

BTW, love their inside suede lining!

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Good looking holsters and pistols! I have not heard anything bad on El Paso Saddlery either.
    God bless our troops!

I've only heard good things about El Paso Saddelry over the years. They are arguably the best of the larger scale holster makers.
    God, country, family.

I had never heard of El Paso Leather Shoppe. I tried to take a look at the website but it was SO FREAKIN' SLOW! I was curious to see what their leather looked like.
    Taggart Snyder
    Man about town...

I own one...an IWB and I thought it was a very nice piece of work for my GP100...and they also made my moon clip holders:

Rough side out...one belt loop and the holster rides with me...very snug and held high...

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. That’s what it’s all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

I have used El Paso Saddlery holsters for years I just received a basket stamped threepersons and 6rd cartridge slide for a 1962 Colt Detective Special (Going for the 50s look) and like everything else I have purchased from them it is outstanding!! and their customer service is second to none you can't go wrong with El Paso

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links