Does anyone carry a Beretta Px4 Storm?

This is a discussion on Does anyone carry a Beretta Px4 Storm? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'd like to se what your rig looks like. My CHL finally went into 'processing' earleir today so I'd like to know what other people ...

Thread: Does anyone carry a Beretta Px4 Storm?

Does anyone carry a Beretta Px4 Storm?

I'd like to se what your rig looks like. My CHL finally went into 'processing' earleir today so I'd like to know what other people are using that also have the Px4.

So far I plan on using a WRB IWB w/thumb break and 2" wide tubular webbing, which is used for rock climbing. I have noticed some difficulty is re-hlstering the gun though using this holster and even scratched my slide on the metal belt clip while doing so. That being said, it is somewhat comfortable and I'm sure I'll get used to it over time. The reason I want to go with the thumb break is I ride a motorcycle as my only form of transportation and wouldn't want the gun to ride up and fall out of the holster while riding. I also have a Safariland 6377 ALS but it's a little bulky for concealed carry but it's a very fine holster if I was to ever open carry.

So, post your pics or suggestions. A lot of holster makers don't make holsters for the Px4 yet and those that do, there's usually a long waiting period.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

2. Remove Ads

I have a PX4 as well. I have only carried it once. I have been trying to find something comfortable and nice. I have a XD45 with a comptac holster and I like that. But I have been thinking on OWB carry.

So not wanting to spend a lot of money on a holster type that I would not like. So I went and bought a Fobus paddle holster. It is comfortable and the gun "clicks into the groves". However it moves around a little bit and it is a 25.00 dollar holster. So I plan to use it some more to get a better feel for that type of carry if I decide to carry that way then I will spend better money on quality.

I was thinking of getting a Fobus belt holster but I heard from a lot of people it's really cheaply made. The Safariland is of the same design basically but it's top notch quality. Plus the Safariland has that extra retention, the ALS, which works flawlessly. The gun WILL NOT come out unless it's activated.
    It is to be observed that Right of Self-Defence, arises directly and immediately from the Care of our own Preservation, which Nature recommends to every one. . . , and that this right is so primary, that it cannot be denied on the basis that it is not "expressly set forth.

--- Hugo Grotius

I don't own or carry the PX4, but my brother owns one in .40S&W. He doesn't carry at all, for what it's worth.

I found it to be a bit thick and chunky for carry. I'm not fond of the .40 recoil. 9mm may be different. Controls were easily accessible and easy to manipulate. Double action trigger pull wasn't so hot. Single action trigger wasn't bad at all.

But, your mileage may vary...

Cheers...

-JT

I know a number of guys who post on the BerettaForum carry the PX4. You may want to post your question over there.
    Visit my Winchester Ranger Talon page for current pricing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    I don't own or carry the PX4, but my brother owns one in .40S&W. He doesn't carry at all, for what it's worth.

I found it to be a bit thick and chunky for carry. I'm not fond of the .40 recoil. 9mm may be different. Controls were easily accessible and easy to manipulate. Double action trigger pull wasn't so hot. Single action trigger wasn't bad at all.

But, your mileage may vary...

Cheers...

-JT
    I have the 9mm and find the recoil to be substantially less than other 9mm semi autos I've shot. I also find the trigger to be pretty good as opposed to other guns I've shot. All in all, I have to say I like it alot and am impressed. I have two videos on YouTube of me at the range. You can take a look if you want.

YouTube - nativenyerintexas's Channel

and I have some pictures I took of mine here:

nativenyerintexas/Handgun Stuff - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pics of the female shooting I didn't take though.

Quote Originally Posted by SCGunGuy View Post
    I know a number of guys who post on the BerettaForum carry the PX4. You may want to post your question over there.
    Thanks. I'll head over there.

--- Hugo Grotius

Well, I signed up for Beretta Forums and no confirmation email. I've never had to wait this long for a confirmation to join a site before. It seems as though the site is crap to me because every time I want to enter a string in a field I have to add the characters that are in the image thing. It's like I'm posting on Craig's List. What's up with that?

--- Hugo Grotius

Links