Kahr CW9 & Comp-Tac MTAC Holster Review...

Kahr CW9 & Comp-Tac MTAC Holster Review...

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 & Comp-Tac MTAC Holster Review... within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; As great as it is to read a review of just a gun, I think its important to review the gun/holster system. Now to me ...

Thread: Kahr CW9 & Comp-Tac MTAC Holster Review...

Thumbs up Kahr CW9 & Comp-Tac MTAC Holster Review...

As great as it is to read a review of just a gun, I think its important to review the gun/holster system. Now to me this involves a belt, gun, holster, and depending on the season and the holster, possibly a coat or vest. No one thing will work for everyone, but there are enough combinations out there that with a little effort and research you can find the combo that works best for you. After much reading, and playing around at my local gun shop, I think I have found my ideal daily carry weapon, atleast for the spring/summer and probably fall months.

I live a fairly mobile lifestyle, always running in and out of my office to meet with clients. Most of my inlaws don't like the idea of people carrying, even though they all have guns themselves, so IWB concealed is the only way.

The Kahr CW9 is a fantastic little gun, although its break-in period of 200 rounds still makes me nervous. Unlike most guns that you can fire 200 reliable rounds right out of the box, Kahrs have a manufacturer's recommended breakin period of 200 rounds. I still want to put more through it. You would have no fires (pull the trigger, pin releases but bullet isn't fired), and difficulty loading the chamber (I could NOT load the magazine full and then cock the gun to have 6+1 until after the break in period. Even now it is still a little stiff on that first shell.) After the 200 rounds using various hard ball ammunition the gun felt a lot more reliable. The benefits of this gun are tremendous though. It weighs NOTHING, even in comparison to my Bersa Thunder .380. It is skinny, which will help when I review the holster, and at 25' it is very accurate (sorry no picture of my target, but good cluster within about 4"). Also, the price of this gun is half that of any other Kahr.

Now, the holster... I read a lot of reviews here and talked to my gun store people and decided to give Comp-Tac a try. Nothing my gun store could order for me was of interest. So, I got a Comp-Tac MTAC with black standard clips. I typically wear my Bill's Khakis, dress or polo shirt with an undershirt, and a Biachi's 1.5" gun belt. This gun/holster combination is just a winner in this case. I wear it at about 3-3:30 all day long, 12-14 hours straight, and it just works. Sometimes I go right from work to my inlaws house and last week I even took a nap, laying on my holster side, and slept comfortably for half an hour (hence the skinniness). Only pseudo-downside I realized after not drawing my gun for about a week was a lot of undershirt lint halfway up the barrel of the gun. So, I guess you get a lot of lint on your gun with an IWB carry. I wore this combo into my local gun store and no one could tell until I pointed it out to them where I was carrying. I would have thought that many of us just through second nature analyze people we meet to see if they carry or not.

So... I give the holster a 10/10 since it has performed marvelously over the past month, plus they send you a little packet of Smart's with your package! How cool is that! The gun, until I shoot like another 400 flawless rounds through it, gets an 8/10.

There is my $0.02. Hope its worth something.
    Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article 1, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

-JT

Oh, be nice... you want crappy cell phone pics because my wife stole my good digital camera for work.
    Constitution of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Article 1, Section 21:
    "The right of the citizens to bear arms in defense of themselves and the State shall not be questioned."

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I've had my MTAC with my P40 inside for a couple months now. Love it. After it thoroughly breaks in, you forget it's even there at all.

Definately a great combination you've got there.

Awsome, I was just holding a CW9 at the gun shop today, and I think it's going to be my next purchase. I've had good luch with my Comp-Tac holsters, so I will probably get a CTAC for the CW9. I'm glad to hear that you've found something that works for you. Thanks for sharing!

Wht
    “They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security” Benjamin Franklin
    I'm not pro gun, I'm pro rights. What are you?

NRA
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Sponsored Links