Need Glock 26 holster advice

This is a discussion on Need Glock 26 holster advice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a Glock 26 purchased for CCW. I live in Florida in a shorts and tee shirt climate. Any suggestions for a good concealment ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Glock 26 holster advice

I have a Glock 26 purchased for CCW. I live in Florida in a shorts and tee shirt climate. Any suggestions for a good concealment holster? Does anyone carry the G26 in a front pocket holster? Thanks.

IMO the G26 is too large for pocket carry. I carry my G27 (same exact size as 26) in an MTAC IWB holster. It's been warm in NY the last few weeks and I've been wearing jeans and a t-shirt. The MTAC conceals the G27 very well, and it is extremely comfortable for extended periods of time.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Check out the De Santis 'Scorpion' IWB holster. I just can't say enough good things about mine. I use it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by NY27 View Post
    IMO the G26 is too large for pocket carry.
    I agree... except I carry OWB mainly. IMO OWB is more comfortable, and very easy to conceal under a t-shirt.
    Be Observant and Be Safe.

Current: S&W 442, Springfield XD9sc, XDm9, and Glock G26, G19, G23C,
    and SIG P226-40 TT, and Ruger GP-100, and Beretta 92FS
    Former: Taurus 92SS, SIG P220 TT, S&W 360, SIG P239-40, Ruger 22/45 MKII

With all due respect to the VersaMax II, it's not adjustable. IMO the top two IWB's are the MTAC and the K&D IWB Defender series.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    I carry my G-27 in a VM-II IWB under a tee shirt. I've never needed to do any adjusting. (of the holster I mean)
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

A Crossbreed IWB works well. I do wear a shirt which is a bit loose to prevent any printing and I like to wear the tails out but that's just my style.

My Smartcarry does the best job with shorts. My Glock 26 simply disappears when I'm wearing them. It's also a very comfortable way to carry.
    "The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that . . . it is their right and duty to be at all times armed. . . ." Letter from Thomas Jefferson to Justice John Cartwright (June 5, 1824)

The Mitch Rosen Upper Limit express model is a good OWB option... The express line can be had in about three weeks.

For IWB, Eric Larson at HBE is only running about two weeks when I spoke to him Saturday, so that would be a good option too...
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

I carry a G26 in a custom made pocket holster. It is specifically for cargo shorts with big deep pockets. I have also used it with business suits, as well as casual slacks.

Here's a picture of my rough side out holster:

The tyrant dies and his rule is over, the martyr dies and his rule begins. ― The Journals of Kierkegaard

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    It depends on where you want to carry it. For typical hip carry, I'd go with an MTAC. For appendix carry, High Noon Mr Softy. It's $30, with a money back guarantee & you can have it in a week.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    With all due respect to the VersaMax II, it's not adjustable. IMO the top two IWB's are the MTAC and the K&D IWB Defender series.
    This man speaks the truth. Adjustability = comfort in my opinion.

"It's super comfortable!" Yeah, but I can only carry it at 4-5:00 due to design. I like versatility and the "fits just right" adjustability of the MTAC.

My favorite holster for my G26 is K&D Laredo Defender. I like it so well I ordered one for my SA LWSS Compact. I don't really need it, but like the ease of putting it on and taking it off.

As I have posted elsewhere I prefer OWB, and do not find it difficult to conceal under an untucked sport shirt.

Regards,
    Jerry

+1 on the Smart Carry Holster. Its perfect for the hot weather in Florida because you can wear shorts easily with it and also have no shirt on. Here is a good review of it with a Glock26 by someone on youtube.
    NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    +1 on the MTAC and K&D. I live just on the other side of the Flordia border in Georgia. My MTAC is by far the most comfortable concealment holster.....being tuckable is a BIG bonus. In shorts and a tee or dressed up my sidearm dissappears in the MTAC. My K&D is an OWB and serves as a secondary carry medium, but I love it!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Never really found a rig I liked for my 26, ended up using it as a BUG pocket carrying in an M-65 Field Jacket. Too thick and bulky even for pocket carry in a biker style jacket (I'm getting a PM9, which is what the 26 should have been) as a primary I can carry my 19 about as easily.

I did have a Galco IWB years ago that was decent for Appendix carry.... I think if I were to try it as a primary, I'd go that way or try cargo pocket or standard IWB.

An ankle rig might work well with it too.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links