Defensive Carry banner

BlackHawk Fanny Pack

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  ratkiller 
#1 ·
BlackHawk Fanny Pack-3 big chunks of cardboard literature and a magazine to look through but no instructions or suggestions.

So, what are the strings for? Faster zipper access? How are they used?
The thumb break is too flat against the back of the pack.

Any tips on configuration.

I'm packing a Taurus Millennium Pro in 9mm.similar in size to a
Glock 26.

Thanks for your thoughts on this.

#2 ·
They are for either hanging your "I have a gun" sign or for hanging it up since friends don't let friends wear fanny packs.

Just joshin' (but this thread will grow legs), they are zipper pulls for faster access, just grab them and yank.

#4 ·
I had to do a little search to find out what you were referring to... is this the critter?

When you zip it up it's designed for you to leave the string (one or the other depending on which is your off hand) hanging out the corner between the two zippers. Then you grab the string with the left hand and yank it open while gripping the gun with the right. (or vise versa, the string to use is the one by the grip of the gun)

I don't think you really need the thumb break but that's personal choice.

Hope that helps! :bier:
Thumper

#8 ·
I've got an older version of the Gunny Sack from DeSantis. My only complaint is the zipper pulls make a bit of a "jingling" sound. One of these days, I'll get around to dipping or spraying them with rubber (I rarely wear it anymore, they were not as common when I started back in the mid 1990's).

#9 ·
Thanks guys.

I didn't know there were so many other choices.

Thumper: That's the one. Thanks for the research on my behalf. And the education
Burl: Love the Patton quote...

I found that I spent about $5 bucks more going through SportsmansGuide than I could have gotten it direct from BlackHawk.
It was shipped direct from BlackHawk anyway and arrived in 4days. I'm still awaiting the other item from Sportsmans Guide.
It is very comfortable and I think I will ditch the thumb break.
Thanks again to all. :boese51:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.