IWB Holster for glock 27

IWB Holster for glock 27

This is a discussion on IWB Holster for glock 27 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just bought a Glock model 27. I am looking for an IWB holster for it. I am looking for maximun concealability and comfort. Does ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster for glock 27

IWB Holster for glock 27

I just bought a Glock model 27. I am looking for an IWB holster for it. I am looking for maximun concealability and comfort. Does anyone currently use one they recommend?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tell the truth and you got a fifty fifty chance of getting out of the ticket. Lie and your done!!!!!!!! ( I wasn't speeding officer)

Welcome to the Forum, calireserve.
    I have a Comp-Tac C-TAC. I find that it conceals very well, especially with the v-clips. It is pretty comfortable for me, but I find some people don't like kydex; it doesn't conform to your body like leather would.

As with any other IWB holster, you have to dress around the rig - pants 1 size larger, good gun belt, concealing shirt should be darker color, preferably patterned...

To give you some idea what's out there, check out www.rigrate.com

I use a Bianchi 100 Professional.... It all depends on how much you want to spend for a holster. It's not tuckable but I rarely need to dress with a shirt tucked in. In addition to what has already been stated, you'll need to learn how to bend all over again when you carry IWB....more from the knees than the waist which is the proper way to do it especially when picking something up.

Bending is sure noticeable when carrying. that grip will stick straight out from ya.
    the one-size pants boost i found with my 1911 hasn't been necesary...yet.
    the gun must be just thin enough or pants loose enough (definitley not baggy) to have all fit fine.

IWB conceals better fer sure but IWB is a bit more comfirtable...but its IWB as a rule for me.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

(darn monday morning)

OWB is obviously more comfy but its mostly range carry for me to do OWB.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Well in considering an IWB for the Glock......take a couple of things into account.

1) spread the loops out away from the gun..the little Glock can be bulky and this will minimize the width/belt pressure for a more comfy carry.

2) Dont go to high or low for rd ht....there isnt enough muzzle to keep the gun in place for hi and if you go too low you wont have enough grip to purchase the weapon.....balance.

3) a 2 panel holster will keep the gun close to the body for better concealment........VM2/Com 3 instead of the Summer Special type.

Hope this helps........Shoot well
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

Eric is right. I've started to notice that my IWB is starting to stick out a little. Not the best situtation.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

I found the sub compact Glocks painful to carry IWB, (too much of me, and not enough gun). You also look at a hight ride OWB rig, like the one made by Fist. It covers under the same waist length coat as an IWB, but more comfy.

Howdy!
    I'm not trying to give you a "sales pitch" here, but I designed an IWB specifically to address the problems associated w/ carrying small, stubby guns like the Glock 27.
    My web address is shown below. Look in the IWB section for the Max-Con V.
    Eric Larsen did a good job of spelling out most of the design criteria for such a holster. However, I would also respectfully submit that the addition of a closed muzzle and a tail flange would stabilize that stubby slide, eliminate "muzzle poke" and make it ride closer to the body. Some very good holstermakers disagree with me on this point, but I feel that it really makes a substantial difference. What it boils down to is this: What works for one guy will not necessarily work for another. For that reason, we all offer different approaches to solving the problems previously described. For the customer, the challenge is in finding the right maker to fit your individual needs.
    Please feel free to contact me w/ any questions that you might have. I'm happy to discuss your holster needs even if you decide that my approach is not the best one for you. Thanks!
    Last edited by Gary Brommeland; November 1st, 2005 at 06:57 PM.

Cali, if you own another Glock 40, BladeTech makes a "universal" IWB holster that I was very happy with, for my 17/19/26.

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    You cant go wrong with Gary B's stuff. The MCV is an excellent choice for you little Glock........just a note.
    Shoot well.........
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

If you ask me the tail flange for the short guns make all the difference.

Maxcon5= all day comfort and concealed under a loose Tshirt.

I'm not afraid to say that el Brommeland is my holster hero. I've been using his stuff since the maxcon 1 bought many mango seasons ago.

Does that make me biased?

Exclamation ExSoldier762 is BaaaaaaaaaaK from WILMA

Quote Originally Posted by calireserve
    I just bought a Glock model 27. I am looking for an IWB holster for it. I am looking for maximun concealability and comfort. Does anyone currently use one they recommend?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tell the truth and you got a fifty fifty chance of getting out of the ticket. Lie and your done!!!!!!!! ( I wasn't speeding officer)
    I'm back at work for the first time in two weeks, still no power at home. Generator can't run the computer so my input has to be here at school for awhile. Kids watching a movie on Bin Laden now.

I use a Blade Tech IWB designed for a Glock M30 45 and it is AWESOME! Secure but a very low profile to conceal and lightning fast speed.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

IWB Holster? Milt Sparks VII is the highest Rated.

I been were you are for six months to a year trying to find the best IWB holster for my new Glock 23. You can check the Holster ratings on Rig Rating or rigrate.com. Bottom line is after spending all this time reviewing holsters I have found that Milt Sparks Vera Max II has the highest ratings of any IWB holster. Yes, I have and tried several other holsters but I always seen to go back to the Milt Sparks VII. Good luck if you can find a used one; I've never been able to. If you order one from the factory in Boise be really to want 12 to 16 weeks because the holster is in such demand. Lightning arms is the next fastest place to get the holster from and are great people to deal with.

PS: Buy a good holster and not a dozen so, so holster you never be happy with. I have several lying in the closet.

Chuck

Milt Sparks Vera Max II has the has the highest ratings!

I been were you are for six months to a year trying to find the best IWB holster for my new Glock 23. You can check the Holster ratings on Rig Rating or rigrate.com. Bottom line is after spending all this time reviewing holsters I have found that Milt Sparks Vera Max II has the highest ratings of any IWB holster. Yes, I have and tried several other holsters but I always seen to go back to the Milt Sparks VII. Good luck if you can find a used one; I've never been able to. If you order one from the factory in Boise be really to want 12 to 16 weeks because the holster is in such demand. Lightning arms is the next fastest place to get the holster from and are great people to deal with.

PS: Buy a good holster and not a dozen so, so holster you never be happy with. I have several lying in the closet.

Chuck

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links