New holster

This is a discussion on New holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my Supertuck. Does this lump look normal to you guys? I know it's so the sight can clear, it just looks huge on ...

Thread: New holster

New holster

I got my Supertuck. Does this lump look normal to you guys? I know it's so the sight can clear, it just looks huge on this particular holster.

2. Remove Ads

IMO it does not look right, that last pic looks kind of shoddy, My MTAC does not have the hump like that, similar holster

yeah i have an MTAC for my 1911 and i was thinking the same thing. i may have to give it some heat and reduce the height of that... or order an XD40 shell for my MTAC. i need to carry it first and see how i like this ST.

Looks like it could be relief for the sight, to keep it from dragging too bad when you draw or reholster your weapon.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Yea looking at it again, looks like a slide model and drawing would have the sight following that mold, so it prob is correct

It's to keep the front sight from banging on the holster as you draw. You WANT that bump there.

-JT

I dont know about that hump ... but I love both ofmy supertucks...function over appearance,Ihave one revolver and one s/auto...the best holsters in my opinion///comfortable.weapon retention, smooth easy carry.

VIP Member
    Because the leather back of the holster is flat your sight relief has to include almost half the height of the slide. If the back of the holster were molded to the pistol there would not need to be any relief for the lower half of the slide. That's probably why the MTACs don't have as large a "lump". Look at the lump for the trigger guard, it looks very high as well. That is because the kydex upper has all the molding in it.

By the way - nice holster.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Ok, so the reason I was initially worried was that I thought retention would not be good with that much material not formed to the slide. I have it on now and it is definitely retained lol

Overall, I like it. This is the first time I have ever worn my XD40 and it sits nicely on my Wilderness belt. I am a little frustrated that the belt has to be pulled tight and then tucked under the loop, then fastened to the other side of the velcro. What a pain in the butt. Its hard to get the "pull" side of the belt under the pants loop without grabbing the other veclro. Guess I'll get used to it or get a Beltman.

I am now sitting on a squishy couch that I kind of sink into and it isn't even digging into me. I need to lose some weight, though. Getting out of the Corps was NOT good for me...

Can't wait to get that permit and do my Walmart walk.

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamWallace View Post
    ...sits nicely on my Wilderness belt. I am a little frustrated that the belt has to be pulled tight and then tucked under the loop, then fastened to the other side of the velcro. What a pain in the butt. Its hard to get the "pull" side of the belt under the pants loop without grabbing the other veclro. Guess I'll get used to it or get a Beltman.
    I just skip the one loop the belt's end covers. I go right over the top and secure the velcro. No pain.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Looks like a good design.

Quote Originally Posted by T Bone View Post
    I just skip the one loop the belt's end covers. I go right over the top and secure the velcro. No pain.
    That's what I do when wearing my wilderness. Makes things much easier. Velcro over top of belt loop, no more wrestling with it.

hadn't thought of that. so you still place the main belt body through that loop, but when you bring back the "pull" part, you just go over it, right?

i'll give it a try. thank you both!

Your holster is fine. Here is a picture from the crossbreed site of a dummy xd in the super-tuck holster, and the holster looks the same as yours.
    Attached Images
    "The belief in a supernatural source of evil is not necessary.
    Men alone are quite capable of every wickedness."

-Joseph Conrad-

Links