Need Help!!! IWB for EMP

Need Help!!! IWB for EMP

This is a discussion on Need Help!!! IWB for EMP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HI guys I just purchased a Springfield EMP and was looking for a IWB holster that is easy on easy off,sweat guard,with no metal clip, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Need Help!!! IWB for EMP

HI guys I just purchased a Springfield EMP and was looking for a IWB holster that is easy on easy off,sweat guard,with no metal clip, and preferably under $100. A few I was looking at was the Milt Sparks SSII,GAlco Summer comfort and the Comp-tac Infidel..I have the Infidel for my G27 and its great but just dont know how they fit the 1911 style guns.....Any other suggestions would be appreciated. thanks

Blade-Tech universal 1911 holster. I picked one up from Midway for about $30, and have been very impressed with it. As light as the EMP is, I've had no problems with the gun shifting around, and it has been very comfortable for me.

I have a Crossbreed SuperTuck on order for my new EMP. Currently, I carry my XD9 subcompact in a SuperTuck and it works very well.

JD
    Administrator
    When you say "easy on/off" what do you consider to be easy on/off?

I consider standard snap loops to be easy on/off.

I have a UBG Canute for my HKP7 that I consider to be easy on/off and does have a sweat shield, Nate makes them for 3" 1911s as well.

Here's pic of mine.

The price is well under $100, and his turnaround time isn't too bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    When you say "easy on/off" what do you consider to be easy on/off?

I consider standard snap loops to be easy on/off.

I have a UBG Canute for my HKP7 that I consider to be easy on/off and does have a sweat shield, Nate makes them for 3" 1911s
    I can't carry in work so I have to take it off when I get there and then put it back on when I leave.So something I can easily put on while seated in my truck.Like I said I have a Comptac Infidel for my G27 and that works great...just don't know how they fit 1911 style handguns.Plus I want something I can get ahold of in a week or less.I don't want a long wait for that.

+1 on the UBG

Quote Originally Posted by lance22 View Post
    +1 on the UBG
    That would be great...does someone have one they want to sell for a 3" 1911?? I don't want to wait the 9weeks to get it..I have one good holster for it but want something fast for carry to and from work....

I have a MTAC from Comptac. Most comfortable IWB holster that I have tried. And I've had a lot: Maxcon V, Desantis, Galco, CTAC, Bladetech and many others.

I believe that they are $80. I have "c" clips and standard clips. They are both easy on easy off. Also, with the MTAC you can buy outer shells for other handguns. I have one for my Glock 19,23,27 and one for my Glock 30.

IMO you cannot beat the comfort, price and less than 2 week delivery.

Good luck.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    That would be great...does someone have one they want to sell for a 3" 1911?? I don't want to wait the 9weeks to get it..I have one good holster for it but want something fast for carry to and from work....
    It's a little above your stated price range, but a member has a Bulman PDL for sale for $120 shipped, from my understanding Bulman holsters are worth every penny.

You can see the thread here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...11-3-4-tx.html

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    It's a little above your stated price range, but a member has a Bulman PDL for sale for $120 shipped, from my understanding Bulman holsters are worth every penny.

You can see the thread here: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...11-3-4-tx.html
    I was actually looking at that this morning...I may go with a Milt Sparks SSII..I see Brownells has some in stock...Have you tried one of these yet??

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    I was actually looking at that this morning...I may go with a Milt Sparks SSII..I see Brownells has some in stock...Have you tried one of these yet??
    Not that exact model, but I've tried the style before, IMHO models with the loops directly on the holster body make the rig thicker than a rig with the loops spread out. The spread out loops also help distribute weight better along the belt line.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    If you can find a good deal on a Milt Sparks Exec Companion you'd be set. The wait is LONG from Sparks. I was lucky enough to pick one up for my G26 from a member here. The extra leather at the bottom is what makes it so comfortable, especially for short barrel guns. I replaced the wide snap loop with 2 single loops from a Sparks SS2.

In the meantime, I'd go with an MTAC with standard clips.

I have a LH Concealco AKJ for my EMP. It is very comfortable. I think delivery was 1 month. It's easy on and off. Price $65.00. Web site is AKJ Concealco LLC - Concealment gun holsters, personal defense related equipment, and other gunleather..

MN Lefty

Senior Member Array flagflyfish's Avatar
    Brommeland Gunleather Concealed Carry Holsters at Coal Creek Armory - 865.966.4545
    Gary makes a fantastic holster, I have 2 Max-Con V holsters. one for my 5" 1911, and a 3" for my Kimber Ultra. I carried my EMP in it for a while when I had it.
    I don't know about discounts from CCA for forum members, but they are part of our "family"
    Last edited by flagflyfish; June 10th, 2008 at 11:05 PM. Reason: added info
    "These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier
    and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the
    service of his country; but he that stands it now, deserves the
    love and thanks of man and woman."

-- Thomas Paine (The American Crisis, No. 1, 19 December 1776)

I recommend NM Holsters - Home I got my IWB, and mag pouch from Nick for under $60 and it took less than 5 weeks. Not bad for a custom holster.
    Michigan Gun Owner
    Michigan CPL Holder
    Proud Member of The NRA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links