Budget Belts - Page 3

Budget Belts

This is a discussion on Budget Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Cthulhu Amish-made products being marketed on the Internet. Oh, my head. -JT That's Billy Amish, saddlemaker, NOT the folks in buggies!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget Belts

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu View Post
    Amish-made products being marketed on the Internet.

Oh, my head.

-JT
    That's Billy Amish, saddlemaker, NOT the folks in buggies!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I wear a 5.11 Trainer in 1.5". It is stiff, metal buckle, velcro. Bought it from Cheifsupply.com, $35-ish. I don't have a bad thing to say about it. Works well for all my holsters, have trained with it, wear it everyday. OMO.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyboyLDB View Post
    For that price range try the 5.11 leather belt with a stiffner. I purchased one several weeks ago from a local distributor and have loved it. Had some posters here say what junk they are - but no issues for me. I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck with the velcro clips or my Blackhawk Serpa. $29 +tax. I have not had it for years, but I can say that they carry a gun just as well as $100 + belts - longevity might be another issue - but right now it has held up to daily wear. Another option for a nicely priced belt is the Tractor Supply Store if you have any close by - they have thick leather belts that do an ok job for around the $10-$20 range.
    +1 on the 5.11 belts, I have a black and brown, for $30 they are a good deal and are way better than a "regular" belt, might fill in the void until you get something more expensive later
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Wilderness five stitch or an Aker B21. I have the Aker it has served me well. Not as pretty as a belt man, but nice for $40ish.

I have seen pics of guys 5.11 belts that were fraying within one week of heavy use.

If you have a Sportsman's Warehouse close by I got a FILSON belt about $60.00.

I've had my 5.11 belt for several months now. The white plastic is exposed along the edges in several places and small leather (?) pieces are hanging off it.

Sure, it holds my gun up (It should, it is a stiff strip of plastic wrapped in some leather), but it looks terrible. My next leather belt will be made of leather.

Senior Member Array cockedlocked01's Avatar
    For the money, I think Looper's probably the best. I do agree that the belt's not where you want to scimp, but if money's low, it's low. Personally, I really like Liger belts & that's what I use daily (I have a couple that I rotate).
    "Use human means as though divine ones didn't exist, and divine means as though there were no human ones." Baltasar Gracian
    Integrated Close Combat
    NRA Member
    Glock 19 & 26, Kahr CM9 & P45, Para P12, Kel-Tec P-32, S&W 442, & Dan Wesson 14-2.

If you go with the 5.11, this is what you can expect within a few weeks of daily use.
    Attached Images

huntemup - Yep, looks just like mine.

Quote Originally Posted by huntemup View Post
    If you go with the 5.11, this is what you can expect within a few weeks of daily use.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

VIP Member
    what are you doing with your 5.11 belt to make it look like that?
    I've had mine for almost a year and neither one of them show any sign of wear or damage. I've worn the black on almost exclusively and it only shows wrinkles in the leather where the buckle rests against it. I carry a kydex IWB holster with 2 belt clips on it and the belt shows no signs of wear at all.

and yeah, it has plastic in it, its called permastiff, similar to what LEO use to support duty belts, mine are great
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    what are you doing with your 5.11 belt to make it look like that?
    Wearing it to hold up my pants and gun, I guess that's to much to ask of a gun belt? Maybe you got lucky and got a good one. I'll stick with real leather gun belts and not a paper thin layer of leather glued to plastic. Threw the 5.11 away and have been using a horsehide from the Beltman and couldn't be happier.

I have so far had good results from my 5.11 leather. I do use the V clips - so this could make a difference in it it not raking across the leather with a standard type clip.

Looper belts are hard to beat. They are two layers of leather sewn together with a layer of Kydex sandwiched in between them.

They hold up well.
    P.E.T.A = People eating tasty animals

There is room for all of God's creatures. Right next to the mashed potatoes.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntemup View Post
    Wearing it to hold up my pants and gun, I guess that's to much to ask of a gun belt? Maybe you got lucky and got a good one. I'll stick with real leather gun belts and not a paper thin layer of leather glued to plastic. Threw the 5.11 away and have been using a horsehide from the Beltman and couldn't be happier.
    guess I should have stated my question better so I wouldn't get a smart alec answer

I mean, do you slide things around/move back and forth on the belt that would cause rubbing/tearing? what type of clips/loops do you have on your holsters? mine are kydex and fit real tight on the belt and I show no signs of wear
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

--G.W. McClintock

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links