Budget Belts - Page 4

Budget Belts

This is a discussion on Budget Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by 64zebra guess I should have stated my question better so I wouldn't get a smart alec answer I mean, do you slide ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Budget Belts

Quote Originally Posted by 64zebra View Post
    guess I should have stated my question better so I wouldn't get a smart alec answer

I mean, do you slide things around/move back and forth on the belt that would cause rubbing/tearing? what type of clips/loops do you have on your holsters? mine are kydex and fit real tight on the belt and I show no signs of wear
    Sorry, I didn't intend to be that way, just really frustrated with the 5.11. I wear both standard kydex clip and leather loop holsters. No sliding things back and forth or anything of that nature. The area where the peeling started is like a thin vinyl material. Started as just a small hole/tear and just continued to get worse.
    Last edited by Scott; August 14th, 2008 at 06:18 PM. Reason: profanity workaround

VIP Member
    did you talk to 5.11 about it or contact the reseller you got it from?
    (just curious if they had said anything about it)
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

No I didn't make any contact with them. I have heard from several other owners that theirs did exactly the same thing, so I just chalk it up to- "You get what you pay for". Quality usually doesn't come cheap. I learned a good lesson from this experience and that's worth the price I paid for the 5.11

I use a belt man belt and love it. However with that said I found a very nice belt at Cabelas for half the price. It is far more than half the belt I might add. Their Double Duty belt is a very thick and strong double layer leather belt for $39.00. Three people that I shoot with own them and use them for Every Day Carry. All three could not be happier with the performane. I think it makes a great carry belt for those on a budget.

Cabela's Double Duty Belt
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by huntemup View Post
    No I didn't make any contact with them. I have heard from several other owners that theirs did exactly the same thing, so I just chalk it up to- "You get what you pay for". Quality usually doesn't come cheap. I learned a good lesson from this experience and that's worth the price I paid for the 5.11
    thanks for the reply
    I have numerous 5.11 products and haven't had any problems with any of them
    the 2 times I had to contact 5.11 about some pants issues, they were great, I'll sure contact them if the belt has issues any time soon
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

I just ordered two Cabelas double duty used my master catalog from spring of 08. Price was $10.00 bucks under web site $29.95ea. They are on back order most likely around Aug 5 but for the price I will Waite. I had ordered from looper but the belts never came and they would not answer my Email so I called and asked for a refund. They did apologize. I could get another Beltman by the time I get the Cabelas but two for the price of one I will give them a try.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links