Budget Belts

Budget Belts

This is a discussion on Budget Belts within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am currently looking for a gun belt in the < $40 range. I have heard good things about the Looper and Cabella's Double belts. ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Budget Belts

Budget Belts

I am currently looking for a gun belt in the < $40 range. I have heard good things about the Looper and Cabella's Double belts. I would like to know what leather-looking belts ya'll use that are in this price range and how to tell if a belt will support the gun properly.

I am currently using a single-thick, western-style belt that works ok but I can tell a difference in how the gun rides if my pants are tighter or looser. I would like for the pistol to ride steady in all pants. I use a Cross-Breed Supertuck with a SA GI Champion.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

IMO, spend the money and get a good gun belt. It makes all the difference in the world.

Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

A quality, well made belt will most likely last you a lifetime. Go for quality.
    "Eternity is Too Long to be Wrong"

Texas CHL Instructor & Holder & Utah CFP Instructor
    NRA Instructor & Life Member
    Member TSRA, USCCA, TCHA
    Christian, Heterosexual, Pro-2A, Pro-Life, Conservative, Common Sense American

The belt is the foundation for comfortable and secure carry. It is not something to cheap out on!
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I am sure the beltman is a nice belt, I would get one if I had the money for one but I am looking for one to work for a couple of years until I can hopefully have the money to put to it.
    --
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend. (J.R.R.Tolkien, The Two Towers)

Checkout the 1 1/2 inch Wilderness. Have had this for about a year, hung up my other gun belt and haven't touched it since. Wears like iron and does not stretch. Order it a little big to give yourself room for the holiday meals, no holes to worry about.

- Wilderness Tactical Products, LLC
    Last edited by spooter66; June 11th, 2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: change url

Quote Originally Posted by dcunited View Post
    I am sure the beltman is a nice belt, I would get one if I had the money for one but I am looking for one to work for a couple of years until I can hopefully have the money to put to it.
    Look around at the rest of the site.
    $60 for the cowhide. Great for dress or casual.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Try Blackhawk. I don't actually have one but I hear they're good for a starter. Not too expensive, comes in different styles and no wait time (outside of shipping).

I personally use an Uncle Mike's liner, it works for me. Good Luck.

Sam.

I wore a walmart Dickies belt for the first year I ccw'd. Granted it in no way compares to my beltman belt. I will say however, that it cost me less than $10.00, and in my opinion, it beat the heck out of my 1.5" wilderness belt. Everyone is 100% correct when they say that the belt has a larger impact on ccw'ing than most realize. Both my wife and I work for the government, so we know what it's like being a little short of cash when it comes to buying a belt. I have to say that when you just need a cheap belt to get you through a few months till you can afford better, Dickies got me through many days of carrying.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Looper leather makes a nice $30 belt with Kydex insert. Go with that or one of the Wildnerness belts. At first I wasnt crazy about the Wilderness belt, but it has really grown on me and I actually wear it quiet often now. Save a little for Beltman or Rafter S.

What size do you wear? Many of us have a magic closet that shrinks our clothes and belts.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I'm a big fan of the Wilderness belt. Wear mine every day.
    - Kurt
    “Freedom is the sure possession of those alone who have the courage to defend it.” ~Pericles of Athens
    Primary Carry - Colt Commander .45 in a Brommeland Max-Con V

For that price range try the 5.11 leather belt with a stiffner. I purchased one several weeks ago from a local distributor and have loved it. Had some posters here say what junk they are - but no issues for me. I wear a Crossbreed Supertuck with the velcro clips or my Blackhawk Serpa. $29 +tax. I have not had it for years, but I can say that they carry a gun just as well as $100 + belts - longevity might be another issue - but right now it has held up to daily wear. Another option for a nicely priced belt is the Tractor Supply Store if you have any close by - they have thick leather belts that do an ok job for around the $10-$20 range.

+1 Looper Kydex Belt as far as budget goes.

With that said, if at all possible, save for a Beltman!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    What size do you wear? Many of us have a magic closet that shrinks our clothes and belts.
    35"
    --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links