Milt Sparks Watch Six

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks Watch Six within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested in hearing any feedback on the Milt Sparks Watch six holster,I am thinking about ordering either a watch six or an M-Tac ...

Thread: Milt Sparks Watch Six

Milt Sparks Watch Six

I am interested in hearing any feedback on the Milt Sparks Watch six holster,I am thinking about ordering either a watch six or an M-Tac for my G 26.I like the fact that the Watch six is horsehide and more resistant to sweat than the M-Tac.They are about the same price,same offset belt attatchment which I like,I would have to wait alot longer for the MS.I have a horsehide VM2 for my P239 and I like it,I just thought the watch six was a little thinner and would be more concealable for this thicker pistol!Will reholstering be a problem without the reinforced mouth with the watch six,or is the horsehide stiff enough that it really is not needed.I want something stable ,sweat resistant,low profile,easy on off,reasonably easy to reholster for the range,I do not really mind waiting ,as I have other holsters for this pistol .Other options will be considered!Opinions wanted!
    Thanks,Mike

2. Remove Ads

rr: I have a Watch Six with clips which I really like. I can reholster pretty easily, but it's not like the vm2. It is darn thin, but if you expect to do a lot of reholstering the m-tac wins, imo.

The Watch Six is definitely thin, thinnest I've ever seen... Although the Brommeland MaxCon is a close second and I would rate it as a lil bit stiffer. If you shoot IDPA and have to keep the gun out for a significant period of time, kydex or a reinforced mouth is the way to go in my opinion.

But for concealment, the Watch Six is 'thin to win'.. It's a fine holster regardless.

Another note... I believe the Heritage holster from Sparks has a 'moister barrier' while still being thinner. Call Tony K.

---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Of the two, Id definately take the MS W6, hands down. In that style, Id also look a Texas Heritage, from Tucker Gunleather. I like the ease and convenience of kydex clips over loops. Plus, the Tucker is tuckable.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

I had a WS for a SA Champion. It was a nice holster and plenty comfortable. I never had any trouble reholstering one handed but YMMV. I kept the holster for several years after I'd sold the gun I was using it for, eventually sold it to another member here on the Forum and he seemed pleased with it as well.
    Jack

Edit: You might be able to score a Watch Six quicker through Lightning Arms if they have one in stock. I've bought from them a couple times now and they're great folks to deal with. They have banner up top in the sponsors' area.

I carry my Glock 26 in a Watch Six and love its comfort and concealability. However, when out and about and stopping at places where I need to disarm before going in, I do find reholstering to be awkward.

Overall, it's a great holster, but if you'll be in situations requiring a lot of reholstering, I'd go with a Versa Max 2.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I am yet to find an IWB I like better than the MTAC and I have tried a lot as I'm sure many of us have. For me adjustabiliity leads to comfort and the MTAC is the most adjustable holster I have ever used.

Sparks makes beautiful holsters, but the MTAC gets my vote. There are times when I can't wait 26 weeks for leather either.

Well,I chose a completely different option!I ordered a MS SS2.We will see how it works out.I like the compact look of it,and the reinforced mouth.It should be stable enough for this smaller pistol(I Hope).One thing I do not like about my VM2, is having to struggle to put it on ,due to the wide spaceing of the belt loops!I am hoping the SS2 will be more convenient for those quick trips to the store, even if it is slightly less concealable.Anybody else use a SS2 with a G26?

Distinguished Member Array T Bone's Avatar
    My June Milt Sparks order (yep, I'm afraid it's come to that... think I may be addicted ), is a Summer Special II.

But you may not have to wait for one of these! If you are right handed (I am not) and are ordering for a common handgun type (such as a 1911), Brownells stock these from Milt Sparks (only model they stock) and sell them at the normal Milt Sparks price!

Just another option, and a good one at that.
    Regards, T Bone.

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety". Benjamin Franklin

Don't have a MTAC so no feedback. But you'll definitely like the Watch Six. You said it yourself, because your G-26 is already thick, you need a thin holster to compensate. In regards to reholstering - No problem. It's stiff enough for one handed reholstering (from my experience). Check out Sparks website. It explains how to reholster (which does work).

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Links