Okay I broke down... need a holster AGAIN - Page 2

Okay I broke down... need a holster AGAIN

This is a discussion on Okay I broke down... need a holster AGAIN within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by srfl Can you post a photo of your gun and rig when you get the leather? Definitely!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Okay I broke down... need a holster AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by srfl
    Can you post a photo of your gun and rig when you get the leather?
    Definitely!

Well I kind of wanted two holsters... one for very casual carry or outdoors carry, and then one that would realistically allow me to carry it under normal conditions.

I picked up that Speed Scabbard, and I figure for what I want it for, it'll be fine. When I feel more ambitious, I'll get a better holster. I figure if I was going to spend $$$ on any holster for this thing, the more expensive holster should be the one that I really want.

I know what you mean. I picked up a Don Hume J.I.T. for my 66 last time I was at the range. The leather is pretty thin and I hate the exposed barrel and front sight but at least it's something to carry it in, that's more than I had before.
    Jack

Euclidean - I don't know if they even make 'em for revolvers, but I'll tell you what the most comfortable and concealable tuckable holster I've ever used was - a Fist. Can't remember the model, but it had a "something hook" - not a "J Hook" - was called something else.

I carried my LWC in it, and it is the ONLY holster I have ever carried in that I just didn't even feel in my britches! Now, the down side was the the hook lasted exactly one flippin' month before the dang thing broke in two. That was six months ago, and I just couldn't stand it - another's on the way now.

I have other IWB holsters, but this is the only tuckable one. None of the others I tried felt like it just wasn't even there. It was extremely thin, but still very positive!

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Psssssst <whispering to Euc> That's why I never get rid of my holsters. I never know what I'll find as a new weapon, AND have the holster to fit it LOL
    <looking around> I know a few other Forumite are the very same way as I am... "Holster packrats" speaking in a very good way

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links