Defensive Carry banner

Fanny Pack's

2K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  AceHi 
#1 ·
Has anyone here compared the Galco and Blackhawk packs side by side. Have pretty narrowed it down to these two but haven't goten a actual look at them together going to try this weekend at gun show.:argue:

#2 ·
Have not seen the blackhawk in person but I do use the galco and it works very well. I like the holster part of it so it does not move around when I am walking/jogging. I usually carry my j-frame snubby in the medium one.

#3 ·
I have two of the large sized galco's and have used them in one role or another since fanny packs were " acceptable at large " . Nowadays i dont use them for carry much rather i use them as a " grab and go " bedside holster that contains a pistol , 4 or 5 mags , a flashlight , ect.. Since my galcos date from that far back and are still in use it is obvious they are of high quality, the " scuba suit" neoprene retention has not loosened on either one from new tho some of the nylon is getting pretty ratty . IIRC the last time i used one as an actual ccw holster was in the early to maby mid 90s when the wife and i took a motorcycle tour from here down to the border , Brownsvill TX and back . At that time it held a Delta Elite 10mm 1911. It worked well for the bike trip and having everything i needed in one little pack that i could sling over a shoulder exiting the pup tent we packed is in fact what pretty much convinced me that the REAL role of the fanny pack from now on would be as a bedside kit . Some of the places we set up camp then i sure would not today lol .

#4 ·
+1 for the Galco. The neoprene holds up very well, and provides a good, secure fit for the pistol.

And here in Florida, they don't stick out like a sore thumb like they might in other locales.

Matt

#12 ·
The website isn't particularly user friendly and after you find the Goblin the information is pretty minimal. I would like to know how large a gun the thing will accomodate but can't seem to find that info. Looks like a good pack though. I like something like that for hiking.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.