Sweet leather goodness from HBE

This is a discussion on Sweet leather goodness from HBE within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've always admired Eric Larsen's holster skills but never had the opportunity to see one in person. Well, I called him up one Saturday evening ...

Thread: Sweet leather goodness from HBE

Sweet leather goodness from HBE

I've always admired Eric Larsen's holster skills but never had the opportunity to see one in person. Well, I called him up one Saturday evening and spoke at length about placing an order, various options he offered, how he's been, etc, etc. I asked what his estimated turnaround time was and he said, "about two weeks".... Excuse me? I said... TEN or TWO? "Two... I'll call you shortly after next weekend to start your order."

I was stoked and just as he stated, I got a call a week and a half later with the holster showing up at my door 2-1/2 weeks from order.

Holy cow is it beautiful and my pics don't do it justice. My hat is off to a very nice gentleman and great work.

---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member

2. Remove Ads

wow, that is pretty nice work indeed. How much did them beauties set you back? Is that shark trim?
    I don't try anything...I just do it!

That's a real beauty, appears to be an inlay of shark rather than just being stitched over the top of the cowhide - always a nice technique when it's done well and your's obviously is.

On second thought, if that's a Commander then you should be ashamed to carry that rig. Send it to me and I'll save you the hassle. I'll even pay for shipping!
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3 View Post
    That's a real beauty, appears to be an inlay of shark rather than just being stitched over the top of the cowhide - always a nice technique when it's done well and your's obviously is.

On second thought, if that's a Commander then you should be ashamed to carry that rig. Send it to me and I'll save you the hassle. I'll even pay for shipping!
    Jack
    Yes, I am quite ashamed Jack and it snugs my Colt Commander beautifully...

The holster is cow, or steerhide, with shark trim. The shark is stitched on top of the holster quite nicely. Eric definitely has some skills at mating the two leathers together, just awesome. Very nice work all around.

I won't post prices, but I will say Eric's holsters are very fairly priced and he has some deals on the website. Ya'll check him out... There's also a few ready to ship. If you want to drool all night just click on the 'customer pics' section!

THANKS ERIC!!!

H.B.E. Specialty LeatherWorks
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member

Now that's a picture worth looking at...

Nice leather 'grouping'...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow that set looks amazing

Eric's work speaks for itself. I just ordered a similar rig for my S&W auto today from HBE and I can't wait till it arrives. This is my 1st order with but for some reason I don't think it will be my last!

Distinguished Member
    Very nice .

I have the benefit of living close to Eric and have visited him on several occaisons. He's a good dude and makes great leather rigs. I'm glad he's still cranking them out, I like having someone of his caliber close by...

I got a holster from Eric a few months back and was supper happy as well. I have been to busy to take the time to get pictures but I will as soon as possible.

Great work and a great guy to work with. So reguardless of past issues if you are needing a great piece of leather for your carry gun please think of giving HBE a call.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

A friend received one in about 4 weeks and quality is tops. I am still waiting on my holster from another well known company which was ordered on Feb. 23. Have not received my holster yet and feeling I made a mistake with my order.

Lately I'm getting hooked on HBE line of holsters and Sharkskin. Your holster rig is beautiful! I may give Eric a call.

Thanks for sharing!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Links