Leather IWB holster options

This is a discussion on Leather IWB holster options within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to the world of CCW and am looking for a leather IWB holster for my G23. I currently have a Cobra Gunskin ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leather IWB holster options

Leather IWB holster options

I am new to the world of CCW and am looking for a leather IWB holster for my G23. I currently have a Cobra Gunskin IWB that I purchased at the same time as my Glock. I have tried wearing it at different positions throughout the day, but have not been able to find that magic spot that I can leave it at comfortably all day. As I have perused the many threads here I see that the Sparks VMII, Brommeland MaxConV, and Bulman holsters are mentioned frequently. I don't have a lot of disposable income right now so I really don't want to end up with the "box 'o holsters" right out of the chute. I don't mind paying for quality, I just don't want to have to do it repeatedly right now trying to find the right holster. I realize that it is all subjective, but I would appreciate any input. Is there any advice you all have in regards to pros and cons for these holsters re: cost, comfort, availabilty, etc.? And by all means, if there is another brand that I have overlooked that is worthy of consideration, please let me know.

2. Remove Ads

If the VM2 wasn't so good, they wouldn't be selling for double retail on eBay!
    I do love Brommeland's MaxConV very much also.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Those three holsters you mentioned are great. Chances are, any one of those would work for you. There are differences between them though, in regards to design, ride height, and cant. Everyone has their own preferences.

If you are not fixed on getting all leather, I would take a serious look at the Comp-Tac MTAC holster. They are super comfortable, adjustable for ride height and cant, reasonably priced, and can be had in usually around 1 weeks time.

There are so many fine holster options , Good luck!.
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.
    -- Sigmund Freud

I just received an IWB Dakota Defender from KD Holsters for my G23. I've only had it for a week or so, but I'm very pleased thus far. It holds the gun well and it's very comfortable. Previously I had been using a CompTac C-TAC which is also a great holster, but it poked me a lot when sitting for long periods (driving a car). I still have the C-TAC and plan to keep it. Always nice to have options.

Brian

Sparks makes great quality holsters, no doubt about that. Ordering direct from the shop will be a long wait but they're available through Lightning Arms Sports (check the Forum Sponsors' banner).

Brommeland makes an equally good holster though a bit different than the VM-II or Watch Six. Most people will have a preference of one over the other due to individual comfort and body build but both brands are top of the line. I'm currently wearing my Nighthawk T3 in a MaxCon V and it's incredibly comfortable and stable (as are my other two MCV's), even when napping on the couch. To order a Brommeland holster you'll need to contact Coal Creek Armory (also a Forum Sponsor here).

I can't really offer any input on the Bulman leather as I've never owned any of his work, though I do hear reports that the quality of his work is also top rung.

Others to check out would be K&D Holsters, UBG and possibly HBE Leatherworks.
    Jack

Look around on some of the photo collections on the forums, you should see plenty of stuff that strikes your fancy:

The offical IWB holster pic thread - 1911Forum

A few of my own:
    lance22 holsters on PhotoBucket.com

Quote Originally Posted by lowgroove View Post
    I don't have a lot of disposable income right now so I really don't want to end up with the "box 'o holsters" right out of the chute.
    I have NEVER heard of someone who didn't like their Sparks holster. Plus if you order one from them you will also have several months to save your money because they don't charge your credit card until they're ready to ship it.

I can also personally attest to the fine work done by Nate at UBG. His turnaround time is great and his prices are more than fair.

All in all, if you want an all leather holster you are far better off going with one of the custom guys. Their prices are about the same and it will be a perfect fit to your gun.

Purchase a holster that you can return if you don't like it. An example would be Crossbreed Holsters.

I like the Brommeland Max-Con V myself...also the Milt Sparks SSII which you can get right away at Brownells..Tucker's "the answer" is great also.....So many nice ones out there..it'll be more of a trial and error than anything...what works for one may not work for you...I had a VMII and I just couldn't get comfortable with it...you'll find something.

And by all means, if there is another brand that I have overlooked that is worthy of consideration, please let me know.
    IMHO, Alessi Holsters makes fantastic leather. His PCH is the most comfortable IWB I've ever worn. I need to get on the list to get one with the sewn loops rather than the snaps.

His stuff is reasonably priced, but he has about a 7-month wait. (That's what I was quoted about 3 weeks ago.)

Hope this helps,
    Herk
    I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on Earth.--Steve McQueen

Click on this link, TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters. They make great 'copies' of the VMII with the same quality at about 25% off the Sparks price. They can get it to you in about 6-8 weeks vs. 6-8 months.
    An armed populace are called citizens.
    An unarmed populace are called subjects.

And by all means, if there is another brand that I have overlooked that is worthy of consideration, please let me know.
    You will find several threads by members who love their K&D Holsters with nary one negative thread. Kevin at K&D prides himself in customer satisfaction being his #1 priority with a 100% satisfaction guarantee. You wont end up with a box of holsters from K&D because he will make sure that the custom holster he makes for you is perfect for you or he will refund your money. That said I have just ordered my fourth holster form him because I know he will exceed my expectations. Take a look at the site than give him a call see what he can come up for you you will not regret it
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by KenInColo View Post
    Click on this link, TT GunLeather High Quality Leather Gun Holsters. They make great 'copies' of the VMII with the same quality at about 25% off the Sparks price. They can get it to you in about 6-8 weeks vs. 6-8 months.
    I agree with Ken in Co - I have 2 TT IWB's. One for my 1911 and the other for a Sig. Both outstanding and comfortable holsters. No need for the VMII.
    225th SAC "Phantom Hawk" - US Army - Vietnam 1969-70

See 'Related Links' above...find holsters...look for Fist...check out the leather holsters...#1A with a clip...I have 1/2 dozen of them...they disappear IWB at 4:30...

Stay armed...use an IWB leather holster...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

In regards to the K&D Dakota, 1- does it have the ability to be worn with a shirt tucked in and 2- is the top reinforced for easy reholstering? I really like the TT as well but I think the K&D might be more versatile in that it is adjustable (depth,cant).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links