Comp Tac CTAC, anybody use it?

This is a discussion on Comp Tac CTAC, anybody use it? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a new holster. I'm currently carrying in a Don Hume IWB. It's good. As a first carry holster, it's very good. However, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Comp Tac CTAC, anybody use it?

Comp Tac CTAC, anybody use it?

I'm looking for a new holster. I'm currently carrying in a Don Hume IWB. It's good. As a first carry holster, it's very good. However, I would like something more secure. The Don Hume has been fine up until now, but as I lose weight, I find my activity level increasing, and I find I bend and move in different ways, causing me to wonder if I'm losing my gun.
    The CTAC looks promising, and the price is pretty darn good. I'd like to hear from you folks who use one, particularly those of you carrying a Glock in one. I'm looking for complaints, too, so don't be gentle. I want to know if the thing is really going to work. Also, does the "tuckable" feature really work, or is it more gimmick than practical?

Thanks in advance.
    "Water can flow, or it can crash. Be like water, my friend."-Bruce Lee

My Blog

"Luck, often enough, will save a man if his courage does hold."

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

C-Tac is excellent!

I carry a Glock 21 in the C-Tac and am 100% satified with it. It has adjustable tension, so you can set it to hold the pistol with exactly as much force as you like. I recently ordered their 2-magazine carrier for IDPA competition--it has the same tensioning system for each section of the mag carrier.

The customer service of Comp-Tac is good and fast.

I ordered a similar Blade-Tec on my first try, but it didn't set right in the canted configuration, so I sent it back. Excellent customer service at Blade-Tec, also.

Getting the C-Tac helped me avoid the "drawer full of holsters" I have heard so much about. I highly recommend Comp-Tac and their C-Tac IWB.

It is tuckable, but I have always been a shirt-tail-out kind of guy and don't use that feature.

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I haven't tried one yet, but they do look nice. I know one feller that owns one, and he swears by it.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

Assistant Administrator
    Fjol" - I am an inveterate cynic and don't see ''tuckable'' as a true deal - maybe it works for some. I am also an OWB only person.

As ever, bottom line is what suits the individual, re build and activities - along with options for cover garments.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    I have a C-TAC for my BHP Mark II....it's a very nice, flat and stable holster.

Some nice features include a sweatshield and adjustable (for cant) clips.

I don't use the "tuckable" feature; I merely wear a tuck-out shirt to cover the "goods."
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Lead Moderator
    don't have a C tac, but my Desantis Tuck this holster works well tucking in a shirt tail.

Had one for a G23, but got rid of it. I had a Tucker "The Answer" at the time also and it beat out the CTAC in comfort. The CTAC's only flaw that I can see is that is digs into the leg when worn at 0300. This could be fixed easily by adding a thin layer of felt or CC foam over the attachment hardware though.

I carry my Springfield 1911 in a C-TAC, and I can say that the tuckable feature works well. I prefer to wear it untucked for speed of draw, but when I have to, I can hide the 1911 very well. Because of the adjustments you can make to the mounting clips, it is easy to adjust the holster to suit you. Just stay away from the C clips- they can slip out from under your belt.

I use the Comptac C-tac for all my 1911's. It is a great carry combo.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

DR
    I use one with a Kahr K9. The tuckable feature works great: I've used both the C-clips and the V-clips (velcro). With the V-clips there's nothing at all showing on the belt. I've gone through an entire IDPA match with the V-clips and didn't have trouble with them shifting.
    My only complaint is that I'll start to feel the clips digging into my side after an entire day parked on my butt at the office. If I wear a t shirt under the holster then it's fine for wearing all day.

I just got one today for my Kel-Tec P-11. It's way more comfortable than I expected for a Kydex holster, and it's built very solidly. I haven't had a chance to wear it for more than a few minutes yet, but my first impressions are very good.

I have a CTAC that I use with my SA XD9 Service. Very comfortable, even on long road trips (worn about 4 o'clock). Conceals very well, tucked or untucked. I don't usually tuck my shirts, but sometimes you have to, and that's a nice feature to have. I have the C-clips and haven't had a problem with them, make sure your belt is wide enough. The adjustability is a very nice feature. All in all, well worth the money.

I also have a CTAC slide for my xd40 subcompact. i think it's a great holster, lightweight and comfortable. when i eventually get the xd tactical model it'll fit in the same holster.

I use one for my P-99. Works very well. I have used the "tuckable" feature a couple of times and it works allright, just not very convenient or fast to draw. I carry OWB more often, but the C-Tac allows me to wear a shorter overshirt.

Jacob

CTAC and Glock 26. I love it. Wear at 3:00 3:30. I have used the tuck feature and it works well-just have to blouse the shirt out around the gun. One complaint-after ten months of use the front standard J-clip has softened and no longer grips my belt. I sent them an e-mail the other day and hopefully they will take care of me.

Scott.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links