Leather Holsters (tb), for the Springfield EMP

This is a discussion on Leather Holsters (tb), for the Springfield EMP within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok... looking for a good IWB and OWB holsters, leather, snap thumb break if possible... for the Springfield EMP 9 mm. Looks like I'm going ...

Thread: Leather Holsters (tb), for the Springfield EMP

Leather Holsters (tb), for the Springfield EMP

Ok... looking for a good IWB and OWB holsters, leather, snap thumb break if possible... for the Springfield EMP 9 mm. Looks like I'm going to need another couple of holsters now.

Any experience, good sources, ideas ???

2. Remove Ads

Looks like you really like the thumb break option. I have a holster that I would HIGHLY recommend. It's one of the best deals money can buy. The cost is very reasonable, decent turnaround times, quality is great, adjustable cant, and most importanly very comfortable. I thought about this because it has the thumb break option as well. Seriously, check out their website. You won't regret it! Good Luck.

Here's mine (I had three but sold 1 recently).

SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

EMP
    I too am in the search of a nice leather holster for the EMP. I picked up a galco and am not satisfied with it. Thought about returning it but figure hey it was my fault for buying it on the whim..

Any love out there for the EMP, I want to see some leather wrapped around this great gun!
    “It is better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.” ~ Whitney M. Young, Jr.

Twin Carry.... appreciat it... like the looks of it, but you didn't tell us who makes it ?????????

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    First and foremost, I would recommend against the thumb break. The only time I would agree to get that, is if you are a peace officer and your department requires it.

If you are an armed citizen, don't even bother. You are looking here and are going to get recommendations to top leather manufacturers who make their holsters to hold the weapon. Thumb breaks just get in the way.

I guess another excuse would be if you're an acrobat in the circus and also double as the armed security???
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

I have the same holster, but LH as Twin Carry for my EMP. The holster is Concealco AKJ. Great price and delivery time was 3-4 weeks. I highly recommend it.

MN Lefty

I'm very accustomed to a thumb break..... due to the past... and it's easy to use a thumb break. The positioning of the thumb as you move your hand to get ahold of the gun releases the thumb break and pull out the gun, all in one movement. One you are used to putting your thumb there, it's a natural movement. It's also natural for me if there is a hammer, to cock it back as I move the gun out of the holster and forward to shoot it.... comes from using revolvers.

And I think the TB is good in that it does not allow the gun to come out unless you want it to. IF someone tries to grab it, they aren't getting anywhere fast .... as has been reported in some stores where security tried to grab a CC's gun off of them, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Twin Carry.... appreciat it... like the looks of it, but you didn't tell us who makes it ?????????

lol, man am I getting old or what! Anyway, I'm glad somebody else was able to name my holster (I appreciate it). Again, it's an IWB from AKJ Concealco. Nice holster!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Ok... looking for a good IWB and OWB holsters, leather, snap thumb break if possible... for the Springfield EMP 9 mm. Looks like I'm going to need another couple of holsters now.

Any experience, good sources, ideas ???

Hey, it's me again. I posted some holster pictures for someone who's needing advice on IWB 1911 3" holsters. I thought this may help you as well on your quest for finding holsters for your EMP.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Here's the link:
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-3-1911-a.html

Links