Hume 715 vs. High Noon Mr. Softy - Page 4

Hume 715 vs. High Noon Mr. Softy

This is a discussion on Hume 715 vs. High Noon Mr. Softy within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wow! Things really are "bigger" in Texas Cloudpeak...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Wow! Things really are "bigger" in Texas

Cloudpeak

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I notice that there is a tendency to say, "You don't really want what you are saying, and it should be such and such."
    Often those comments are not helpful in solving the problem or answering the question.
    If a person wants to carry a 1911 OWB and asks a question about a holster it is not productive to immediately tell him that he doesn't really want to carry OWB and should go to IWB.
    Sometimes I just want to say "Answer the guy's question."

In addition, however, it is fine to suggest alternatives based upon personal experience with other means. A good example of that is when one wants a SOB, it is well to caution of the dangers of damage to the spine if one falls on the gun.

When one asks for advice and has something in mind that experience shows is seriously flawed there is nothing wrong with pointing out the problems with what he desires to do.

I think that was, in large measure, what happened here. His intentions as stated would make carrying most guns very difficult in the way of stability and comfort.
    If he had problems that dictated such then he should state them and we could help him work around them maybe.

But if one already knows what he intends why a question? In this case the question revolved around two holsters, but also about belts.
    [Also how is the High Noon clip without a gun-style belt (like, say a canvas belt, flimsy leather belt, or no belt)? Looks like it might not work well without a serious belt.]

I don't think it was unreasonable to tell him that such belts (flimsy) do not work well, and he should consider a better option.

We do try to give good advice here, and sometimes maybe we over react to such questions, but if one is not willing to consider the answers he should not ask. If one wants to carry a steel 1911 with no belt and sweat pants, then I cannot help him if that is set in concrete.

Regards,
    Jerry

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links