Comp tac

This is a discussion on Comp tac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; No it isn't normal... like everyone else said, call! By the way, welcome aboard!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Comp tac

VIP Member
    No it isn't normal... like everyone else said, call!

By the way, welcome aboard!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

2. Remove Ads

As I have stated before, they are a good company with good product and customer service. If they are still having the ghost order problem with online ordering, they really do need to get on top of that.

B52
    I just ordered another holster from them for my new Glock26 today, that makes five holster from them for me so far.

I bought a comptac over the phone and I received it within a few days
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I've emailed them multiple times and never have received a reply. However, I ordered .75" clips for a second hand CTAC and they were on the ball.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

I'm sure it would be nice if all of these companies had trained monkeys sitting around 24/7 just waiting to answer e-mails from the hundred, if not thousands, of current or prospective customers.

I'm also sure we would all complain about the price increase that would result from these extra employees.

I typically allow at least 5 business days from the time I send an e-mail until I start getting a little upset.

Another thing to keep in mind is most of these companies have VERY aggressive spam filters.

No the way they do business is.

1. Receive order and payment
    2. Make holster extrememly well
    3. Ship to customer as soon as it is finished
    4. Listen to many thanks from customer for making the most comfortable and versatile holsters on the market.

All this, from time of order to your doorstep, in less than 5 business days in most cases. I have never heard anything about bad customer service from Comp-Tac.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5tango View Post
    I'm sure it would be nice if all of these companies had trained monkeys sitting around 24/7 just waiting to answer e-mails from the hundred, if not thousands, of current or prospective customers.

I'm also sure we would all complain about the price increase that would result from these extra employees.

I typically allow at least 5 business days from the time I send an e-mail until I start getting a little upset.

Another thing to keep in mind is most of these companies have VERY aggressive spam filters.
    Nevertheless, their email address is listed as a way to "contact us". They probably should be responding to email questions. If you like kydex holsters these guys are great and they are nice people when you get them on the phone. They are not perfect but they are worth doing business with IMO.

Never did get responce on E- Mail but did finally call and talk to someone great to talk to and informative. With that being said I'll order from them over the phone but I still think they have computer problems with ghost orders and all which they told me about over phone.

comp-tac: excellent products and service - just received kit for G30 - went kinda modular with tek-lock attachment for the off-side so I can tailor that a bit for conditions - but as for the company: excellent!

I order one of there holster for my XD9 and got it with 10 days, order a 2nd one for a 1911, got an email that it is in production. So far so good, and the kids like that candy in the box.
    Semper Fi

On 4-22-2008, I ordered online a MTac holster, a spare MTac body & spare clips. On 4-28-2008, I received confirmation it had shipped. Package arrived at my house on 5-1-2008. 9 days order to in hand. I can't imagine any service better than that.

Anything worth asking a question about is worth investing in a phone call. In fact, I won't do business with any company on the net that DOESN'T have a phone number listed. Email is a terrible way of asking questions as it is totally unreliable. Because of my hobby web site, I have an email address posted on the web. If I'm out of town for just 3-4 days, I'll have 300+ emails in my box when I get home and that's through two separate spam filters. I can't imagine how many a company doing business on the net must get.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links