Comp tac

This is a discussion on Comp tac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; E Mailed them yesterday still haven't heard anything from them. Is this the way they normally do business. If so may have to rethink placing ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Comp tac

Unhappy Comp tac

E Mailed them yesterday still haven't heard anything from them. Is this the way they normally do business. If so may have to rethink placing order with them.

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    Call them.

"Is this the way they normally do business. If so may have to rethink placing order with them." You'll never get Smarties with that attitude!

Quote Originally Posted by flor1 View Post
    E Mailed them yesterday still haven't heard anything from them. Is this the way they normally do business. If so may have to rethink placing order with them.
    Why assume that "its the way they do business"? There are pages and pages of comments on how good their service is, yet you haven't heard from them so you assume their customer service is bad??? Perhaps you had a problem with your email, or they never received it... I'd give them a call and I think you will be very pleased with them and "their service".
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

I called them on a Monday to ask about their paddle holster for women. They told me to put "diva" in the comment section for an online order. I did, ordered a regular holster for myself and two double magazine pouches.

Got a confirmation e-mail right after the order. Then got an e-mail the next day saying it was in production, 8 day cycle.

Got both holsters and both mag pouches in the mail 11 days after the order was placed. Granted, I only contacted them about the option for my ol' lady but my experience was pleasant to say the least. I plan on ordering at least a MTAC Minotaur from them, probably with extra kydex to fit everything I've got.

There seems to have been a lot of recent "Comp-Tac is supposed to be reputable but they won't answer my emails" threads.

My guess is they don't have a person dedicated to answering emails. I'd recommend calling them if you have a question about products.

i have a comp-tac pro undercover i got it in 3 days i'd say they were pretty reputable.

V8
    Quote Originally Posted by hayley View Post
    "Is this the way they normally do business. If so may have to rethink placing order with them." You'll never get Smarties with that attitude!
    Ha. I got chocolate!

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    I have found Comp-tac service to be completely outstanding. However, I have always dealt with them over the phone.

Give them a call and you will be very pleased with their attitude, service, and products.

Regards,
    Jerry

They are a good company. In the past they have had a glitch in their online ordering system which caused what they call "ghost orders". I've ordered several holsters from them and experienced the "ghost order" problem once. The problem was easily solved with a phone call. I've bought C-TAC holsters for 3 of my autos and have been quite satisfied with the product and overall, the service as well. Would recommend giving them a call if you're having a problem.

Ex Member Array TacticalCompact's Avatar
    I've never been more pleased with any business transaction than I was with my purchase from comp-TAC. Give them a chance. You know, I read that nearly 40% of all emails never reach their intended recipient.

Quickest turn around for a quality holster at a good price IMO. I waited over a year for a MaxCon V from Brommeland that NEVER came. So I cancelled and got my money back. Holster and mag pouch - $168.

Ordered an MTAC from Comptac and received it in under 2 weeks. $80.

I have been wearing it off-duty everyday and it is even more comfortable than the Maxcon V IMO. BTW I received the Maxcon V from Coal Creek Armory, they had them in stock for $140 (S&H).

Give Comptac a call. I have used them 3 or 4 times and have always had a positive experience.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

B52
    I have ordered multiple holsters from them online and never had a problem. Only one holster took longer than normal because they had to customize it for a not so common gun, but it only took 10 days for that one. This company is great, don't jump to conclusions so quick!

Email is the most unreliable form of communication on the planet. If it's really important, it's too important for email only.

Of course, there is yet one more form of communication more unreliable than email - and that would be leaving an important message with a teenager.

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    I have never heard anything bad about their customer service. I agree that calling them is the best route.

Phone:
    281-209-3040
    9am-5pm Central - Monday-Friday

Absolutely call. I did have a similar problem, having emailed them twice, never getting a response (it's now been a solid month). BUT when I called I received prompt, courteous, and very helpful service. Calling is your best bet.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links