Desantis Cozy Partner (inside the belt) - where's the best place to wear it??

This is a discussion on Desantis Cozy Partner (inside the belt) - where's the best place to wear it?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi folks, I'm a newbie in more ways than one. I'm new here at this forum, and I'm new to concealed carry. In Connecticut, the ...

Thread: Desantis Cozy Partner (inside the belt) - where's the best place to wear it??

Desantis Cozy Partner (inside the belt) - where's the best place to wear it??

Hi folks, I'm a newbie in more ways than one. I'm new here at this forum, and I'm new to concealed carry. In Connecticut, the law makes it necessary to carry your handgun concealed. You can and most likely will lose your permit if anyone becomes "alarmed". There's no concealed carry - per se. it's all the same here.

That being said, I'd like to carry my gun inside the waist and have just purchased a Desantis Cozy Partner for a Beretta 9000s (9mm). I also have a Beretta Tomcat (.32), but that's another story.

I'm sure there's probably no comfortable way to carry this, but my hip bones do indeed feel this. Do you carry it more on the butt or do you deal with it on the hip directly.

Cross draw? is it better or is it just preference. Any help will be helpfull

2. Remove Ads

There are dozens of comfortable ways to carry a gun. Carrying the the 9000 IWB, can be a little challenging due to the width but where there's a will there's a way.

For IWB, I normally carry about about 3:30-4:00, so just behind the hip.

If it's not comfortable, there could be some easy fixes.

For the Desantis/9000 combo, are your pants about a size bigger than you would normally wear? For IWB, if your pants were tight in the first place, adding a few inches in holster and gun can be pretty uncomfortable.

A stiff, thicker gun belt will help to support the holster and distribute the weight better.

Really, everybody is different and what is comfortable to some is unbearable to others. For where you wear it, it really is a personal preference. Just try moving it around on your belt until you find a place where you can draw from it and where it's not digging in anywhere. And after you wear it for a few days, it will begin to mold around your body shape.

Leather takes a while to break in(and sometimes so does your hip).

If you find that you just can't get comfortable with the Desantis, there are hundreds of other options. Most of us have a box full of holsters that just didn't quite work for us. Just don't settle for the feeling that you will always be uncomfortable. If you are uncomfortable, that just means you have more shopping to do or something to look forward to from Santa.

Currently, the Brommelland Max Con V gets the most wear time from my box of holsters. Some holsters will just work for you better than others.
    There are two sides to every issue: one side is right and the other is wrong, but the middle is always evil.

http://miscmusings.townhall.com/

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerbouchard View Post
    There are dozens of comfortable ways to carry a gun. Carrying the the 9000 IWB, can be a little challenging due to the width but where there's a will there's a way.

For IWB, I normally carry about about 3:30-4:00, so just behind the hip.

If it's not comfortable, there could be some easy fixes.

For the Desantis/9000 combo, are your pants about a size bigger than you would normally wear? For IWB, if your pants were tight in the first place, adding a few inches in holster and gun can be pretty uncomfortable.

A stiff, thicker gun belt will help to support the holster and distribute the weight better.

Really, everybody is different and what is comfortable to some is unbearable to others. For where you wear it, it really is a personal preference. Just try moving it around on your belt until you find a place where you can draw from it and where it's not digging in anywhere. And after you wear it for a few days, it will begin to mold around your body shape.

Leather takes a while to break in(and sometimes so does your hip).

If you find that you just can't get comfortable with the Desantis, there are hundreds of other options. Most of us have a box full of holsters that just didn't quite work for us. Just don't settle for the feeling that you will always be uncomfortable. If you are uncomfortable, that just means you have more shopping to do or something to look forward to from Santa.

Currently, the Brommelland Max Con V gets the most wear time from my box of holsters. Some holsters will just work for you better than others.
    Well, I have to admit - My pants do indeed need a lil' expanding. It was obvious when I tried it on. I have a larger pair that I got from my wife's late uncle. The funny thing is that I was just planning to get rid if it (salvation army) so I dug it out.

What's your favorite method of carry? What do you think of the fanny pack?
    Ruger P89 (9mm)
    Beretta 9000s (9mm)
    Beretta Tomcat 3230 (.32)
    Sig Sauer Mosquito (.22)

Links