Best fannypack??

Best fannypack??

This is a discussion on Best fannypack?? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now that Summer is here, I need to find another way to carry my PM9 other than in my pocket. Although it works with sturdier ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best fannypack??

Now that Summer is here, I need to find another way to carry my PM9 other than in my pocket. Although it works with sturdier cargo shorts, it's a no go for those flimsier nylon, draw-string shorts I use during the high 90's days.

So I'm considering a fannypack. Went to the local gun shop the other day and saw a Galco fannypack ... for $185!?! Now on e-bay, I see some for $15 or less. So, what's the practical difference? What material do you recommend -- leather, ballistic nylon or other? What features should I look for (e.g., velco pocket vs. zippers? number of pockets? size?)? Any particular brand out there that is better than another? Can you recommend an affordable (say less than $50) fannypack?

Thanks.

Camelback Goblin

VIP Member
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Fanny Pac

Alnitak;
    I have a Bianchi 'Ranger' fanny pac that has been used VERY little. If your interested It's yours for @20.00 inc. postage. There's nothing wrong with it. Just clearing out items I no longer use.
    Joe70

Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I don't have a 'brand' name, but my wife and I were looking through various leather shops and found a small, flat leather pouch that holds her KelTec in front, and her ID and extra mag in back...a perfect fit for her...keeps the gun in place...under her loose hanging shirt, the straps clip around the waist, the gun is very easy to bring into play, and it cannot even be seen...she likes it...I like that she always wears it now...search the leather shops...OMO

Stay armed...keep the wife armed...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Hawke Fanny Pack

Any one here now how wide Belt is on fanny pack and if it has hook to attach to regular belt like the Galco. looked on there web site couldn't locate info. Thanks

So many opinions and choices. I like the KG fanny paks. Have had mine for a long time. Easy to use, easy to "carry concealed in plain site!"

Beltbag Holsters concealed handgun fanny pack
    "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch; Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."
    -- Benjamin Franklin

I like the Galco one personally, it works very well for me. I use it when I excercise so I like the nylon material, and I also like the neoprene holster inside to keep it from moving around. In store they are expensive, I bought mine on ebay brand new for about $15-$20.
    Glock 26 4gen, H&K USPc, S&W 642, Wilson Combat 1911 CQB

Not a fan, so you might read this: Screaming Gun

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I can't remember the brand of the one I tried a couple years ago, but beware ones that hold the holster onto the pack with velcro. Big gun will pull it right off with the compartment open, otherwise constant velcro noise when the *compartment is closed, and constant feel of flopping when you walk.
    Attached Images
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Galco

Less then 60 buck at LA Police gear and good people to deal with ordering mine today.

I recently purchased a Coronado Leather that I like. It is for a heavy revolver, a 357 Mag. Of special interest is a belt band on the back for additional control. Coronada rated it as a large size although it is about 10 inches across. This pack is intact on the bottom and side with a zipper on the top. The previous pack had velcro on the sides and bottom and the heavy gun would sometimes break through the velcro.

Let me give you another take. The pic is of a BAGMASTER belt pistol pouch that is also a fanny pack but of a different shape.

Note that this is the back of the bag which allows for a metal clip to attach to one's belt or the regular belt loops. In addition, I put on 3" split rings and attached an over the shoulder strap for that kind of carry as well - adds to the flexibility. The bags come in a variety of sizes (Google BAGMASTER) and are particularly handy for carrying your gun and other "stuff" as well. The shape is, as you can see, not the traditional fanny pack shape which, to some degree, deals with the tired, old argument that fanny packs "scream gun". I have used these bags for years and they are terrific for CCW carry, camera carry, and a variety of other kind of "Stuff" too.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I just bought my second Bagmaster. Had to can-file the first last year, as the zipper finally gave up the ghost (don't try to squeeze a big gun into a small bag!). Luckily I now carry a smaller auto so I could get the square one. Man those things are like luggage hanging off your belt, but I love em. Too bad that even though they are supposed to come in colors, I can only find them in black.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links