Any holster makers tried this ?

This is a discussion on Any holster makers tried this ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was just curious if any holster makers have tried something like this: When forming, apply a 1/4" to 1/2" piece of wood to the ...

Thread: Any holster makers tried this ?

Any holster makers tried this ?

I was just curious if any holster makers have tried something like this:

When forming, apply a 1/4" to 1/2" piece of wood to the outside of the grip of the mold gun so that the finished holster will hold the gun with the grip twisted more firmly against the wearers body ?

Was just wondering how this worked for guys with nicely developed love handles like myself :P

2. Remove Ads

Wow, never really thought about that. But that to me would help alot for those carrying larger guns and have trouble hiding them. Holster still rides in the same place but the gun is twisted inward so grip tucks better.

I'm no holster maker but I believe the position of the rear belt slot is what is going to pull the weapon in closer to your body,if the belt slot is farther away from the weapon you have more control over pulling the weapon in and movement,provided you use a stiff gun belt
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Basically, the design of the holster will have the most influence on how the grip carries in relation to your body. The placement of a holster's belt loops is extremely important and really affects the way the pistol rides on your body. Ask a holster maker about this before you buy any gear from him. If he or she can't give a legitimate answer why they place their loops the way they do, I would reconsider buying from them. I have seen a few makers that more or less sew some leather together and call it a holster. There are even some folks who are excellent leather craftsmen who still have no idea what it takes to construct a proper holster, as far as fit and carry are concerned. Just my two cents.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Links