Just got a Max-Con V and WOW! - Page 2

Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

This is a discussion on Just got a Max-Con V and WOW! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Enlarged rectums aside, I'm a fan of the max cons myself....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Enlarged rectums aside, I'm a fan of the max cons myself.

Senior Moderator
    Do you make a holster for the Kimber Warior, or other 1911s with the rail on the frame?

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson
    Do you make a holster for the Kimber Warior, or other 1911s with the rail on the frame?

Matt
    Hi Matt,

I have been trying to get 1911 dummy guns w/ rails for some time. As soon as I am able to obtain them, I'll be able to make holsters for rail mounted models.
    For the time being, the only rail mounted guns that I offer holsters for are the Glock 17/22, 19/23 and Sig P-226 and P-229.
    Please check back with me in a few weeks. Thank you.

DC Founder
    I love my Max Con V!
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Just got my Max-Con V and the single mag pouch in Saturday as Gary said. They look great and I have started the break in process on the mag pouch, The quality is obvious right out of the box and the steching look's to be perfect. The holster is even thiner than even what it seems to be on Gary's website. My Kimber is at my gunsmith's that I will be picking it up next week, but just wearing the holster around emty feels good and they both seem to already have been formed to the curve of the body. I can also see that the stablizing wing that is on the 3" barrel model holsters makes all the differance in the world carrying IWB.

A quality product and great service is hard to come by anymore and Gary has both of them going for him as it is obvious that he cares about both his product and his customers.

Thank's again Gary..............
    Grant Newsom

Gary,

Sometimes it's better NOT to know what they (our lovely brides) really mean...thanks for your time on the phone Thursday.

Fred
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Hey guys!

Grant,
    Thank you sir - not only for your business, but for your kind words as well. BTW, I would caution against wearing the holster empty - it will tend to crush flat that way - it will hold its shape infinitely longer if you stick a gun in it first. Thanks again.

Kompact9,
    Thank YOU for the time spent on the phone. I appreciate your order. If it weren't for guys like you, I'd have to do the unthinkable & get a job!

Grant,

I would caution against wearing the holster empty - it will tend to crush flat that way - it will hold its shape infinitely longer if you stick a gun in it first. Thanks again.

Gary,

Yea, I had her on for a short time to check out the feel! couldn't wait. No worries Gary I just felt like a kid getting a new toy for a minute.

Grant.........

Picture Please

Could somebody please post a picture of this holster being worn.?

I am expecting one for a compact 1911 next week and will post a pic of my new pride and joy.

I think the website shows one being worn if I'm not mistakenn.
    The Marshmallowist

The pic on the site shows it from the rear. I just got mine today....and have my gun in it for the night like the instructions say to stretch it. I have not worn mine but just tried sticking it on and I am sure I did not have it on right...it just didnt feel right. And with all the positives I have read I am sure I am at fault. I just wanted a picture to look at. I will mess with it tomorrow, just wanted a pic first.

I would call the man himself, he's a font of knowledge and is typically more than happy to help.

I have several max con Vs for glock 19, kahr pm9 and J frame smith and for me it is most comfortable right around 4 o'clock, belt buckle being 12 0'clock. (right handed) I've heard comfort and concealment can vary by individual though as far as positioning.
    The Marshmallowist

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage
    I have not worn mine but just tried sticking it on and I am sure I did not have it on right...it just didnt feel right

Howdy, Highvoltage!

The Max-Con V is designed to be worn at about the 4:00 to 5:00 position. (Your belt buckle is 12:00 for reference). Each person is a bit different, and you may have to play around with it a little to find the location that works best for you. Also, any IWB feels a bit funny at first, if you aren't used to wearing one. It takes a few days to get used to it. Finally, the holster will require a bit of time to soften up and take the form of your body.
    If this information does not help you, PLEASE call me at the shop(423.733.1779). I don't ever want a guy to feel left out in the cold with a service issue. Please let me know either way - whether it has broken in to your satisfaction, or not. I don't want any unsatisified customers. Thanks again.

How about some pics of it and it on and concealed

Dont get me wrong here, I was not condeming the holster one single bit!!! It is a very quality looking holster and I am very pleased with it. I am just not at all familiar with this type of holster and wanted to see a picture of it on so I would be familiar with how it goes on tomorrow after my gun has had a nights rest in it!! Gary, if I have some questions about it I will be sure to give you a call. From all the posative I heve read on this holster, I have no doubts about it. I will spend some time with it tomorrow!!! Thanks

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links