Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

This is a discussion on Just got a Max-Con V and WOW! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will take a pick this weekend and post it. Gary is right about everyone is different, I went through the same thing you are ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

I will take a pick this weekend and post it. Gary is right about everyone is different, I went through the same thing you are going through in trying to find the best place for it. IWB holsters are hard to get use to cause you have something in yours pants and tugging on you waist band that has not been there before and you are not used to it.

I found the best place for me with the Max-Con V is almost the small of my back between 5-6 o'clock position if not closer to 6 o'clock. Reason is that I can't stand hardly anything in my pockets even pocket change! so I was moving it around for the first couple of days trying to find the best position for me. It is probably against the designer's (Gary's) design but it works great for me in that position. I have no trouble drawing my gun in this position and I hardly feel it either, even sitting down. That to me say's alot as to my hatred for things on me or in my pockets, I even can't stand a cell phone on me! but have to wear one. I can also tell you that using a substandered belt is not good either. This is my next purchase from Gary as my belt's are not up to the job.

Ti.

I will post a pick soon.

2. Remove Ads

Ti,

You must be one skinny little human, 'cause I can't get anything by my Crisco bucket any farther than 16:00!

Quote Originally Posted by scratchy wilson
    You must be one skinny little human, 'cause I can't get anything by my Crisco bucket any farther than 16:00!
    I wouldn't consider myself skinny! I am 6' 1" 225 lbs (no crisco bucket though) and at the 16:00 or 4:00 o'clock "for us civies" position it tightens up my waistband enough that it makes it uncomfortable with the size pant/jean's I buy when I didn't CCW yet. Levi 560 36-34 comfort fit is my jean & size I wear, wearing an IWB holster would bring me up too a 38-34 to wear an IWB comfortably for me anyway. So that is why I have found it is better for me to wear it almost at the SOB position. With a size up in pant to (38) I can easily carry IWB in the 4 or 5 o'clock position without a problem checked it out Thanksgiving day and was good to go.

Hellfire!

We're about the same size, though I confess I haven't tried going to 38"...yet. Trying to put off the inevitable I suppose...

Sweet!!!

OK, I finally got to play with my new holster and I must say that I really like it. I found the sweet spot to wear it. I think I am done buying holsters for a while. I have been through a bunch of them but this one is a keeper!!!!

Now I need one of the wilderness belts Gary, let me know when you start to sell them and I will order one.

HV,

Where did you like the holster best?

Ti.

I would say at around 4:30-5:00 is working good. I need to get a Wilderness belt though. My old Budweiser belt is pretty flimsy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage
    OK, I finally got to play with my new holster and I must say that I really like it. I found the sweet spot to wear it. I think I am done buying holsters for a while. I have been through a bunch of them but this one is a keeper!!!!

Now I need one of the wilderness belts Gary, let me know when you start to sell them and I will order one.

I'm glad to hear that your holster is working out for you. I'll have the Wilderness stuff in here as soon as is possible - I'm guessing in about 2 weeks. Thanks!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links