Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

This is a discussion on Just got a Max-Con V and WOW! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I registered here to post this since Gary is a Mod here. I picked up a like new Max-Con V for a full size 1911 ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

Just got a Max-Con V and WOW!

I registered here to post this since Gary is a Mod here. I picked up a like new Max-Con V for a full size 1911 on another forum and I just have to say Gary you sir are a master craftsman. I have had other high-end holsters from Milt-Sparks and a few others makers, while they are nice and built very well they do not stand up to the comfort of the Max-Con V. I can sit my truck and not feel the slide as I do with other holsters. Yes it is a IWB that is comfortable sitting down! I cannot feel the gun when sitting down. I am still in shock. I have almost bought a Max-Con V several times, but for whatever reason I did not. What a MISTAKE I could kick myself :chairshot . It is without a doubt the most comfortable holster I have tried, and when it comes to future holsters I will look no further than the Max-Con V. My only mistake is not buying one sooner.

2. Remove Ads

Thank you sir, for your kind remarks. It's nice to be appreciated! :)

Good to hear, since Gary tells me he's shipping mine tomorrow (thanks Gary!). This is Kurt BTW.

Assistant Administrator
    Gary - now - control that cranial enlargement

Seriously - we are I think more than fortunate to have some talented holster makers here - Gary, Kevin, Eric Larsen - shucks, I gotta think now how many we have!!!

The holster as an entity is inextricably linked with carry and I am proud to be in the company of such leather-making talent.

Welcome aboard CCW - hope you enjoy.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Administrator

That's What Happens When Ya Buy From The Best

You end up being very happy!
    Congratulations on your great holster.

Yes, we have a few very talented holster makers here.

Attn: New To "Concealed Carry" Members ....This Is A Max Con V
    Last edited by QKShooter; November 10th, 2005 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Add Photo
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Gary,

What's the current turn around time for your Max Con V holsters?

Senior Moderator
    Pics, we need pics.

I just ordered one so please don't bother him so he can get started on it. I don't want him wasting time posting on here....hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by joe/OH
    Gary,

What's the current turn around time for your Max Con V holsters?
    Well, that's sorta complicated. We got really hammered by the Hurricanes in FL last year, and are just now getting caught up on some orders that are older than I'd care to admit. (This situation was further complicated by our little construction adventure.)
    However, we are almost caught up now. All of these old orders will be out in about 3-4 more weeks, give or take.

So, to answer your question, we are quoting deliveries of about 6 weeks at present. Some (such as 1911's , Glocks and Springfield XD's) would be a bit sooner. As I am making batches of them to fill existing orders, I can add an additional piece here and there.

I presently have an extra Max-Con V for a 5" 1911, 4.25" 1911, 3" 1911 and Glock 19/23 in stock.

BTW, thanks to all for your interest in my work, and for your kind remarks.

[QUOTE=P95Carry]Gary - now - control that cranial enlargement

Hey Chris,
    Actually, if you were to ask my wife, she'd tell you that my condition is actually rectal enlargement!
    I'm not exactly sure what she means...

Assistant Administrator
    I don't think I'll ask Gary
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Fist of all I would like to thank the original poster of this thread CCW007 for posting on Gary's holster's thus, turning me on to them.

Next I would like to thank Gary for his true professionalism when I called today to order the 3" 1911 holster that he listed above for my Kimber UCDP, I was actually very pleasantly surprised as to how Gary handles himself when talking to a customer in explaining his products and just general good conversation.

I have been looking for a holster for literally months and have been looking at close to 20 different makers in the IWB form. I couldn't find exactly what I wanted, not that I really knew exactly what it was I was looking for but nothing was jumping out at me even from the likes of Alessi or Milt Sparks. I did know however that when I saw what I was looking for I would know it as I did when viewing the Max-Con V IWB. It was exactly what I had been wanting! durable, thin, easy to carry, concealable. I didn't want a bulky, thick, harder to carry holster that I despised to wear everyday as I thought the others would be. So I ordered the Max-Con V IWB from Gary today and as a bonus from newly joining Combat Carry and reading this thread I get to have it in 2-3 days only waiting for priority mail to get it, not the 4-6 weeks a good holster usually takes to make.

I will post a new report on the Max-Con V after a few weeks of wearing it.

Thank you Gary for your time and professionalism today, you have earned yourself a new loyal customer that will be back for all of my holster needs.

Respectfully,
    Grant Newsom

P.S. I also picked up a Def-Con single magazine pouch with the Max-Con V to balance things out. I will probably be ordering a belt from Gary too as my belt may or may not do the trick.
    Last edited by Ti Carry; November 10th, 2005 at 01:26 PM.

[QUOTE=Ti Carry]
    Thank you Gary for your time and professionalism today, you have earned yourself a new loyal customer that will be back for all of my holster needs.

Respectfully,
    Grant Newsom
    [QUOTE=Ti Carry]

Hi Grant,
    Thank you, sir. I enjoyed our conversation as well. Thank you for the opportunity to earn your business - it is most appreciated.

The only thing I should warn new MCV owners about is that you'll very soon order one for every handgun you own,......then ya buy more pistols just to get more MaxCons.

Yes, its that good!!!

Dan

Lead Moderator
    great review, glad my buddy just put in an order for him and myself. Can't hardly wait to get it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links