MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

This is a discussion on MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I guess I got lucky with my "Blabbermouth". Usually my Shotgun mouth over loads my BB Gun Rear End. I'd like to thank the Academy ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

I guess I got lucky with my "Blabbermouth".

Usually my Shotgun mouth over loads my BB Gun Rear End. I'd like to thank the Academy and all the people, oh wait, wrong speech.

Anyway, thank you and take care. I am honored and undeserving, but appreciative.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    Plastic, come on!! I ordered a supertuck until this arrived, needless to say it has been in the drawer every since.

Ahhhh, NOW THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT! NICE!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Very nice. Does anyone have a pic of a tuckable (Kydex clips) VMII?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Very nice. Does anyone have a pic of a tuckable (Kydex clips) VMII?

Thanks.

Here you go:

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Thanks for the pic,

Can you use the newer, thinner Kydex clips similar to the new MTACs or are those clips specific to the VMII? I notice on the Milt Sparks page that they say that the clips do not attach to the belt. Does that make it more concealable?

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

regarding Del Fatti

Quote Originally Posted by DeepHelmet View Post
    the MTAC will never cut into the sales of Sparks, Del Fatti, Alessi, etc.
    Maybe MTAC willl never cut into the sales of Del Fatti, but MTAC is being produced and sold; the Del Fatti website states they are not taking orders and are currently working orders placed in July 2006.

Possibly some leather enthusiasts think a 2 year wait is acceptable to them; it would not be acceptable to me.

I know I'm too late for the holster, but I thought I'd add my 2Ę anyway.

No. But also yes.

I'll explain.

No: The MTAC will never, ever cut into the aesthetic market -- that is, somebody looking for a beautiful holster will never, ever choose the MTAC. Also, custom leather makers never had any hand in the absolute "bottom dollar" market for people looking for something supercheap. So the custom leather makers always have and probably always will have a niche in that beautiful, "holistic experience" category.

But also yes: there is a group of buyers who are willing to spend a bit more than bottom dollar on a comfortable and very practical holster for everyday wear. That usually means a durable and comfortable IWB. Once upon a time, custom leather was the only way to go for a truly comfortable and useful IWB that would be good enough so that you'd "forget you were carrying." However, the MTAC and the like have taken over that middle ground, of the practical rather than aesthetic; the durable rather than beautiful.

The custom leather makers will always be in business because there will always be people willing to pay top dollar for a truly beautiful experience. But those looking for the best possible practical holster without regard for aesthetic appeal, a very large constituency, seems to be surging towards the MTAC. The fancy leather holsters will always have a market, but I think that they are absolutely losing the "best practical holster" category.

Honda may not cut into Ferrari, but I think the better example is Toyota cutting into Lexus. Never shall the purchasers of Hondas and Ferraris mix... but there's a middle ground of folks who would go as high as a Lexus, but not when they can get equal quality out of a Toyota and aren't too caught up in the hood ornament.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Biasedbulldog, I like your answer better than mine.

PM inbound.

Biker

It is also slightly amusing, this opinion that somehow the "leather holster" crowd is a cut above the "kydex" crowd. Porsches and Hondas???? Please.
    Glad that amused you. That was the main purpose of the sentence. I didn't mean to imply that the "leather likers" (me) were better than the kydex guys. Most of the guys I work with use some form of Kydex on a daily basis and I consider them some of the best men to walk the earth.

Possibly some leather enthusiasts think a 2 year wait is acceptable to them; it would not be acceptable to me.
    And that's the beauty of it. Different strokes, different folks. I have and would wait over a year for a great holster.

WOW!!

Just when I thought this thread was over.....we get more interesting reponses! Keep it going...........very intriguing stuff!!!!

With everything said in this thread so far, I think its safe to say that when it comes to functionality and comfort, the kydex's family of holsters like MTAC, Crossbreed or Comp-Tac are just as good as the family of fine leather holsters like Milt Sparks, Alessi, or Bulman. Our choice in holsters are really based on the individual's personality, style and preference. Do we agree?

Then you have folks who just love holsters and would try them all! I fall in this category.

My Kydex family of holsters:

MTAC w/ Hi-Power:

Crossbreed Deluxe SuperTuck w/ HK USPc:

Tucker "The Answer" w/ HK USPc:

Then of course you have the Fine Leather Family of holsters:

Nossar Valovak Sharkskin & Milt Sparks Belt w/ EMP:

Bulman PDL Sharkskin w/ HK P2000sk:

Ah, can't forget the Milt Sparks Versa Max II w/ HK P2000sk (wish I had this with sharkskin!):

Very nice Twincarry
    The custom makers have always been competing with off the shelf get it now holsters and the list of custom makers is growing...(some not)....
    I truly want one of each but my first choice is leather or exotics!!
    There may be a Stingray in the future
    Twincarry That EMP rig is awesome.
    I will give $20.00 and pay shipping for that Bullman for my USPc
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I love leather myself...but you have to hand it to the hybrids...nothing is as fast as kydex.

I may have to try out one of those.
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Man, those custom leather holsters are beautiful. I have an MTAC and love it. Later in life when I'm making more than $10 an hour, I might have to go for custom leather.
    "War necessarily brings with it some virtues, and great and heroic virtues too. What horrid creatures we men are, that we cannot be virtuous without murdering one another?" -John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Thanks for the pic,

Can you use the newer, thinner Kydex clips similar to the new MTACs or are those clips specific to the VMII? I notice on the Milt Sparks page that they say that the clips do not attach to the belt. Does that make it more concealable?
    No, you cannot use the MTACs clips, old or new version. As far as I know the MS VMII clips are specific to their holsters. As far as concealability is concern when attaching clips to pants vs the belt? - ABSOLUTELY! It is more concealed that way as long as you use a belt on top of the clips. Hope that helps.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Links