MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!! - Page 6

MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

This is a discussion on MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pens-66 I had a M-Tac at one time and couldnt get comfortable with it,though I now have a Tucker "the Answer" which ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    I had a M-Tac at one time and couldnt get comfortable with it,though I now have a Tucker "the Answer" which I love.It has a few minor differences that make all the difference in the world...I have holsters make from kydex and from fine leather.They all serve their purposes and all are comfortable...Life would be a little bring if we only had a few holsters to choose from!
    pen66, thought I'd let you know that you're right about the Answer! Very comfortable. Also regarding the new style clips, after wearing it a couple of times, I'm starting to really like it. I've been wearing it with my black jeans and the black thin clips actually looks like my jean's belt loops! Pretty cool!
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Everyone has their tastes, likes and dislikes, hence the MANY leather crafters and holsters designs on the market. I've tired several holsters, but found the fit, comfort and ease of use of the M Tac to suit me just fine. And the fact that it arrived in less than and Comp Tac has given me NOTHING but great customer. Much more than I can say about some others who ripped me off totally, NEVER delivering a holster or a refund, or had endless delays and excuses.
    Thanks!

Your comment is one of many reasons why this thread started.

Here is my Tucker

That Tucker looks awesome! I intend to get one for my Ruger GP100 three inch barrel.

I do enjoy my recently acquired MTAC however. I have a few weapons and quite a few leather holsters...and I must tell you, the G26 in the MTAC is the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. The leather/kydex combo is so thin...fast...comfortable. I've finally found a weapon I can carry IWB that meets all my needs.

It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Speaking about the MTAC (still within our original topic), I don't doubt the comfort it provides, I know this because I've been wearing one myself. But I'm seriously having doubts with the quaility of thier work. Checkout my MTAC for my Hi-Power, it's either they rushed to get this holster out for an impressive turnaround, or the quality of their work is really dissapointing. Are the back of your MTAC just like mine? See those wet looking areas? They are actually spots that look like a sloppy glue job. I don't know. Also the outer area looks dirty, well thats how it was the day I recieved it.

The MTACs and it's kind have their place in the market when comfort are discussed, but when it comes down to true quaility of work, there's just no comparison to a Sparks or a Fatti. MTACs are tools that work but without the feeling of "Pride of Ownership"............my opinion, of course.
    Last edited by TwinCarry; July 22nd, 2008 at 11:34 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    Speaking about the MTAC (still within our original topic), I don't doubt the comfort it provides, I know this because I've been wearing one myself. But I'm seriously having doubts with the quaility of thier work. Checkout my MTAC for my Hi-Power, it's either they rushed to get this holster out for an impressive turnaround, or the quality of their work is really dissapointing. Are the back of your MTAC just like mine? See those wet looking areas? They are actually spots that look like a sloppy glue job. I don't know. Also the outer area looks dirty, well thats how it was the day I recieved it.

The MTACs and it's kind have their place in the market when comfort are discussed, but when it comes down to true quaility of work, there's just no comparison to a Sparks or a Fatti. MTACs are tools that work but without the feeling of "Pride of Ownership"............my opinion, of course.
    I just didn't care for how the kydex holster part had that lip that slid through the leather to create a lump on the backside.The Tucker attaches on the front creating a nice smooth backside and the suede backing is also very nice....I think I'm hijacking our thread,maybe we should make a new one...sorry!!!

Some people like Kydex and Glocks
    I just don't understand
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Some people like Kydex and Glocks
    I just don't understand
    What, my friend, is there to misconstrue?

I own Rugers, S&Ws', Berettas, Kel Tecs, Springfields and a few off the wall brands. Why not Glock? They are highly accurate, almost indestructable, reliable and lightweight...almost "perfection" in the CCW world. No true gun collector would be missing one. If you have one...you will enjoy the benefits I mentioned above.

As for holsters...I own leather and Kydex...love my Mika "upholstery" holster for my 642 which is synthetic. Kydex is faster than leather. With the new hybrid holsters, one gets leather next to the skin and the smooth kydex presentation and quick one handed re-holstering.

So yeah...among my many weapons, I love Glocks...and among my many variety of holsters, I love Kydex.

Understand now? If not...try it yourself...open your mind a bit and increase your education and ultimately, world enlightenment...we are talking world peace here...got it?
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    What, my friend, is there to misconstrue?

I own Rugers, S&Ws', Berettas, Kel Tecs, Springfields and a few off the wall brands. Why not Glock? They are highly accurate, almost indestructable, reliable and lightweight...almost "perfection" in the CCW world. No true gun collector would be missing one. If you have one...you will enjoy the benefits I mentioned above.

As for holsters...I own leather and Kydex...love my Mika "upholstery" holster for my 642 which is synthetic. Kydex is faster than leather. With the new hybrid holsters, one gets leather next to the skin and the smooth kydex presentation and quick one handed re-holstering.

So yeah...among my many weapons, I love Glocks...and among my many variety of holsters, I love Kydex.

Understand now? If not...try it yourself...open your mind a bit and increase your education and ultimately, world enlightenment...we are talking world peace here...got it?
    It was a joke I own kydex and have had 3 glocks pass thru the stable.
    There will be a 27 in the near future!
    Give me a choice H&K in leather or Glock in plastic
    Not much choice. I just like how defensive the Glock clan is

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

So sorry...my errror.

I'm a bit too sensitive of late...I relish sarcasim...should have picked up on it....

namaste.

Thank You

I got the holster today.

It's a nice black horsehide Holster for a Commander. The only problem is, I don't own a Commander.

I started a new contest, see Contest, here in the holster Forum.

Thanks again Twin Carry. Take care and stay safe.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    In short, no.

Kydex, or plastic if you will, attracts a different caliber of carrier than someone who is willing to wait for a true handmade leather holster. Biker
    I am sorry but this is just plain old being a holster snob!!! It really sounds like one who wears a DelFatti is above those who wear a M-Tac, and nothing can be further from the truth!! I hope you didn't mean it like that, and I doubt you did, it just doesn't sound right to me. As a matter of fact I have often wondered why some folks would pay an extra $150+ for exotic skins on a holster that should never be seen by anyone!! What's the benefit in that? It doesn't secure the weapon any better. I reckon all you folks who prefer the Kydex ( which isn't plastic by the way) are nothing but holster trash!! lol!!! Not by me though, I don't own Kydex but I am see all holster owners as equal!!
    I believe QK Shooter said it very well!!

I think the great thing about living in America is that we can all shop around for the holster that we want.
    If we don't want to wait we can get one quicker.
    If we don't want to spend a lot then we can get one cheaper.
    If we don't want leather then we can buy one in Kydex and if not Kydex then Carbon Fiber.
    We can wear one OWB or IWB or at the shoulder or ankle.

Me personally I don't really care what the "other guy" carries in.
    It's whatever floats the boat.
    Be happy.
    Having a $250 rig doesn't make you any higher caliber of person than someone wearing a $60 M-Tac or a $35 Don Hume!! We are all different, so thankfully there are many choices and holster makers for all of us.

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    I am sorry but this is just plain old being a holster snob!!! It really sounds like one who wears a DelFatti is above those who wear a M-Tac, and nothing can be further from the truth!! I hope you didn't mean it like that, and I doubt you did, it just doesn't sound right to me. As a matter of fact I have often wondered why some folks would pay an extra $150+ for exotic skins on a holster that should never be seen by anyone!! What's the benefit in that? It doesn't secure the weapon any better. I reckon all you folks who prefer the Kydex ( which isn't plastic by the way) are nothing but holster trash!! lol!!! Not by me though, I don't own Kydex but I am see all holster owners as equal!!
    I believe QK Shooter said it very well!!

Having a $250 rig doesn't make you any higher caliber of person than someone wearing a $60 M-Tac or a $35 Don Hume!! We are all different, so thankfully there are many choices and holster makers for all of us.

NCH
    That's a good way to think as I wear a $400. shark rig It's just nice!! Will it save my life any faster.....no......but it looks and fells good!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    That's a good way to think as I wear a $400. shark rig It's just nice!! Will it save my life any faster.....no......but it looks and fells good!!!!
    Is that like chrome on a Bike
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

As a matter of fact I have often wondered why some folks would pay an extra $150+ for exotic skins on a holster that should never be seen by anyone!!
    For the same reason I shop for underthings at Victoria Secret and then wear them under my clothes at work.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links