MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

This is a discussion on MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by pens-66 I just didn't care for how the kydex holster part had that lip that slid through the leather to create a ...

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: MTAC???.....Milt Sparks, K&D, Bulman etc, WATCH OUT!!

Quote Originally Posted by pens-66 View Post
    I just didn't care for how the kydex holster part had that lip that slid through the leather to create a lump on the backside. The Tucker attaches on the front creating a nice smooth backside and the suede backing is also very nice....I think I'm hijacking our thread,maybe we should make a new one...sorry!!!
    ]

Oh I see the lumps, that's weird. You feel that I take it?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    For the same reason I shop for underthings at Victoria Secret and then wear them under my clothes at work.
    I hope you're a woman. xD
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I hope you're a woman. xD

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that. I was having terrible visions.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Personally, I am yet to find a holster more adjustable or more comfortable than the MTAC.
    My guess is you have never tried a K&D Maverick Defender or a K&D Dakota Defender. The Maverick Defender is a 360 degree adjustable locking cant holster. There is not way you can not set it for the perfect cant for you. I have mine set at a 43 degree cant that I kidney wear. In that position my hand naturally drops onto the grip and my draw is a natural flowing movement. I can draw for any position including seat belted in a car. The Maverick Defender can be worn IWB or OWB between your belt and pants. The Dakota Defender conceals a bit better is adjustable for cant and depth also pretty dang hard not to get a good fit. Both are so comfortable forget I am carrying a gun. Plus they are both just plain beautiful nice clean even elegant examples of functional art
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    For the record... you quoted the wrong person on that... I've never owned any holster... still waiting on the first!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    My guess is you have never tried a K&D Maverick Defender or a K&D Dakota Defender. The Maverick Defender is a 360 degree adjustable locking cant holster. There is not way you can not set it for the perfect cant for you. I have mine set at a 43 degree cant that I kidney wear. In that position my hand naturally drops onto the grip and my draw is a natural flowing movement. I can draw for any position including seat belted in a car. The Maverick Defender can be worn IWB or OWB between your belt and pants. The Dakota Defender conceals a bit better is adjustable for cant and depth also pretty dang hard not to get a good fit. Both are so comfortable forget I am carrying a gun. Plus they are both just plain beautiful nice clean even elegant examples of functional art

Ah yes! K&D! There's a reason why I put this name between Milt Sparks and Bulman (Title of the thread). Holsters like Dakota Defender mixed with some shark? Makes me think of a member's quote "Will it save my life any faster?.....no......but it looks and feels good!!!!". Yeah, you know who you are!

As far as the Maverick goes, this is the one holster I regret selling. It was a time when I had too many 3" 1911 holsters and I decided to get rid of one. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong one.

I did happen to take a picture of it back then:

This is what I kept instead:

I do still have one of these:
    SA EMP ~ Sig P232s ~ Walther PP ~ Makarov ~ S&W 442 ~ Ruger LCP
    HK USP Compact ~ HK P2000sk ~ RIA Tactical ~ FN Hi-Power ~ Sig GSR C3

Quote Originally Posted by TwinCarry View Post
    Ah yes! K&D! There's a reason why I put this name between Milt Sparks and Bulman (Title of the thread).
    Duhh so I'm a dork. Than maybe its because I have not tried an MTAC. Personally can not see paying leather prices for kydex and can not imagine it being more comfortable than the Dakota or Maverick

Holsters like Dakota Defender mixed with some shark?
    Kind of why I had it put on my Eagle and not the defenders.

As far as the Maverick goes, this is the one holster I regret selling. It was a time when I had too many 3" 1911 holsters and I decided to get rid of one. Unfortunately, I chose the wrong one.
    So the Maverick IS or is not more adjustable? Comfortable?

BTW that holster collection is awesome. My wife saw it and said DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT. I replied shoes and she walked away quietly

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

LongRider...

Personally can not see paying leather prices for kydex and can not imagine it being more comfortable than the Dakota or Maverick

Operating words in this sentence are "cannot imagine". That is the point...if you have not tried the alternative holster...you just imagine and then, I ask you, what is your opinion worth...based on imagination?

Everyone can have an opinion...but educated opinions are a bit more informative...eh?
    It all comes down to going down the dark holes after monsters. Thatís what itís all about; when everyone else is huddled around the campfire, somebody has to go out and fight.

My Holster Trees - The hanging Shoe/Holster Organizer!

During the course of this thread, I shared a way of organizing your precious leather collection. I would like to elaborate on this topic. Does this mean one has to have 25 or even 50 holsters in order to use this type of storage? Of course not, it's up to the individual based on their needs. For example, one can purchase a tree to organize both holsters and accessories. On one of my tree, I put both holsters and mag holders.

Organizing? If you had a number of leather/kydex holsters, wouldn't you want to organize and display them? Just like me, I'm sure their are a number of folks out there who love collecting fine holsters. It's no different, then folks who collects coins, stamps, or guns even. Usually people would go to the extent on creating custom storage to display their collection. And that's how I came up with the Hanging Shoe Organizer, although I've seen numerous members on this forum who use this method as well. It's cheap, but it's a way to show my collection and be proud of it!

BEFORE:

AFTER:

BTW, I've recieve numerous request on what I think the BEST IWB is. Honestly? This is a tough question. Several members have asked me what I think are the "BEST OF THE BEST" holsters out there based on my experience.

Currently, my answer is: "I'm working on it!Ē. It's a challenging assignment due to the number of talented leather craftmen out there. For example: Can I really be convinced that an Alessi CQC/S is better all around than the Milt Sparks Axiom? Or as far as the BEST IWB is concern, a Versa Max II vs. Del Fatti ISP-LP??? I mean come on guys, that's almost impossible to answer. I have all four and I'll tell you this much, based on my experience and just to name a few; holsters from Milt Sparks, Del Fatti and Alessi have no significant differences in comfort, conceal ability and functionality. Realistically one's not really better than the other. Because when it comes down to these "HEAVY HITTERS" of fine leather holsters, choosing a holster from these guys is really based on the individual's taste.

When I'm done with my review of the "BEST of the BEST" holsters (which I will post soon), I can assure you it will be a number of holsters as suppose to ďONE BEST".

Although I started the term "BEST of the BEST", I think it's not the appropriate title to use. Instead, I would rather call it "My Favorite" holsters.
    Last edited by TwinCarry; August 11th, 2008 at 01:56 AM. Reason: typo

In case you're wondering whats on top of my 2nd tree, here it is (sorry, pics didn't turn out as nice):

Del Fatti LPS:

Next to it is a Del Fatti ISP-LP

Quote Originally Posted by dawgfvr View Post
    Everyone can have an opinion...but educated opinions are a bit more informative...eh?
    Which is why I asked the question. That apparently you do not have an answer to to so why comment? BTW I do have or rather have had plastic holsters personally I do not like them.

TwinCarry I hope you did not take my crack about my wife's shoes as a shot at the way you store / display your holsters. It was not at all. I think both your holster collection and the way you shared it with us as very nice. I appreciate and enjoy looking at fine leather, so I appreciated your share. I'll be happy if I see one Del Fatti in my lifetime. My crack was directed at my wife for trying to say that I should not even try to match your impressive collection by reminding her about the number of shoes she owns. A constant source of teasing between the two of us as I am in the process of converting a spare bedroom into a shoe closet for her. Which is why she quietly walked away when I said shoes.

Distinguished Member Array JerryM's Avatar
    When you get to the absolute top; Alessi, Sparks, Del Fatti, or Brommeland it is a case of "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

The choice depends upon how you like the design, and how a particular one fits and holds the gun.
    I don't yet have an Alessi, but I have or have owned the other three, and I could not say that the workmanship of one is superior to the others. As it turns out my favorite OWB is the Brommeland Def-Con, and IWB is the Sparks ExC. I also like the Sparks I-BAK as my second choice of an OWB.

I recently ordered an Alessi CQC/S and a Sparks Axiom. Considering their waiting times as compared with other good makers, whom I consider not quite so good, I have finally concluded that I am willing to wait for the best. Another couple of months is not as important as getting the best quality.

Regards,
    Jerry

Quote Originally Posted by LongRider View Post
    TwinCarry I hope you did not take my crack about my wife's shoes as a shot at the way you store / display your holsters. It was not at all. I think both your holster collection and the way you shared it with us as very nice. I appreciate and enjoy looking at fine leather, so I appreciated your share. I'll be happy if I see one Del Fatti in my lifetime. My crack was directed at my wife for trying to say that I should not even try to match your impressive collection by reminding her about the number of shoes she owns. A constant source of teasing between the two of us as I am in the process of converting a spare bedroom into a shoe closet for her. Which is why she quietly walked away when I said shoes.
    LongRider, no worries! I actually thought it was funny! Especially when she quietly walked away.

I originally shared this shoe organizer at another forum and I go lot's of hilarious responses from being called "Imelda of holsters" to being the reason all custom leather makers are backed up. Its great to see the responses, it gives me confidence that folks are actually reading my posts!

Goodluck on winning that spare room (you need lots of it)!
    Last edited by TwinCarry; August 12th, 2008 at 12:07 AM. Reason: typo

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Links