Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so? - Page 4

Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so?

This is a discussion on Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO The USPS tracking things stinks, and it doesn't really tell you much until after the fact. +1 on that....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so?

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    The USPS tracking things stinks, and it doesn't really tell you much until after the fact.
    +1 on that.

Distinguished Member
    No, I didn't get a email, but I changed net providers since I ordered the holster 3 months ago. At least he hasn't charged me yet, so I guess I can wait. I hope you get yours today.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by redrick View Post
    No, I didn't get a email, but I changed net providers since I ordered the holster 3 months ago. At least he hasn't charged me yet, so I guess I can wait. I hope you get yours today.
    Nope, nothing in the mail today, but USPS says its been scanned in WI... but it has said that for three days now.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Nope, nothing in the mail today, but USPS says its been scanned in WI... but it has said that for three days now.
    I think unless it's priority mail it doesn't really have full tracking features. I had a package shipped first class recently & that's what they told me. I thought, what's the point of having tracking numbers if you can't track it?

Administrator

"Just blame Sixto"

Have several from him. Great guy to deal with. He has always been honest, good communications. But, every now and then life happens and things don't go as planned. Can't fault the guy for being honest and doing his best to do the right thing. You won't be disappointed Sixto. Love my Mika pocket holsters !! The pocket holster for J frame is great, have one of each, a round and also a square bottom.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Have several from him. Great guy to deal with. Every now and then life happens and things don't go as planned. Can't fault the guy for being honest and doing his best to do the right thing. You won't be disappointed Sixto. Love my Mika pocket holsters !!
    Oh I know. I dont blame him at all, he has been honorable throughout. I will give a review here once I get it, and hopefully make him some more business!

I have another order for him that I'm holding... this first one is a tester to see if I want to order more. I'd like to move forward with it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    I got a IM from Mika today on another Forum. Someone was asking advice on ammo and pocket holsters. I posted that I have been waiting over 12 weeks for my holster, but at least he hasn't charged
    me yet. It got back to him so he IM me and told me to please call him and he would get it out right away. He said there had been a family illness.

Sixto,
    Sounds like it's time for a phone call, email or some other form of communication. Maybe he lost your order?

NCH
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Sixto,
    Sounds like it's time for a phone call, email or some other form of communication. Maybe he lost your order?

NCH
    I got an email on the 8/14 saying it had shipped, complete with a tracking number from USPS. The mail must be really slow, cause it still isn't here.

I got to say again though that Mika has been honorable. I know the floods and a family illness I'm hearing about cuts into his time for his side business. It happens, I'm not going to trash talk because he got a little busy this summer, it sounds as if it was out of his control.
    Last edited by SIXTO; August 22nd, 2008 at 09:35 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

When I got my mail with tracking number from Mica, the ship date he sent me was 2 days before the package actually shipped. I think he sent me the email Friday night, and the package was postmarked for the following monday, so if he sent you a ship date of the 14th, it may have actually been shipped on the 16th or so. He ships usps, which when compared to ups and fedex, is miserably slow. The usps tracking numbers are also only updated once a day, usually at like 11pm. UPS and FEDEX update their tracking numbers pretty reguluarly. He is a good guy to deal with, and makes a good product. With Mica, it may be a little late, but you KNOW YOU WILL GET IT and be happy with it.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Distinguished Member
    I don't think it is trash talk if it is the truth. It's all about communication, all he has to do is email everyone and tell them what is going on. That would take less time than talking to everyone that calls him. One of the reasons that I read these threads is for that kind of information. If I needed something fast I would look elsewhere at this time, that's what I was relaying to other readers. Someone else will post how good they are. Then you can put it all together. Do I want a good holster that is going to take a long time to get right now?

Administrator
    Its here, review to come soon.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Glad it arrived. I'll bet you are happy with it. I have several for different guns and they work great, and they don't allow sweat to soak through and get to the gun. Here is HOT muggy, FL, that is a concern. After FAY, even more so !!

Distinguished Member
    Sixto I am glad you got yours, he called me today I hope to have it within 2 weeks. He told me he got a big order from a police department. After speaking to him I think he had to much going on at the same time, and family does come first in my book also. My son had meningitis and I missed 11 days from work, at the time I didn't carry if I had a job when I got back. His wife was seriously sick so I can understand. I jabbed him about communication, but it works both ways, I should have called him sooner. Like others have said he is a nice person and I should have called him.
    Last edited by redrick; August 23rd, 2008 at 11:32 AM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links