Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so?

This is a discussion on Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My holster was due about a month ago, nobody is answering emails or telephones there... has he fallen into the holster's makers black hole of ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anybody have contact with Robert Mika in the last week or so?

Administrator

My holster was due about a month ago, nobody is answering emails or telephones there... has he fallen into the holster's makers black hole of doom?
    "Just blame Sixto"

JJ
    He's still around. I talked to him yesterday evening. He is running behind on his orders. Been very busy...his area was flooded out a few weeks back.I ordered March 31st and he just sent out last Saturday.

JJ

I hear ya. I received the wrong holster for my P3AT (square instead of round) after waiting about 3 months and he promised to make it right by sending the right one. I hope he doesn't take this post the wrong way if he sees it. I have faith that he is working on his backlog as hard as he can. The web can generate a LOT of business in a hurry.

I spoke to him late last week, friday or so. I ordered on May the 4th and was told 4-6 weeks, now going on 8 weeks. He told me he would most likely be cutting my holster this week. Prior to calling, i had sent him 3 e-mails, all of which went unanswered. I do know of at least one person who ordered their holster 3 weeks after I did, and they have their holster. I mentioned this to him and was told that the customer wass most likely going on vacation and asked for a "rush order". Anyway, only time will tell.
    Remember, no matter where you go, there you are.

Ron
    Got one from him last week. It took a bit longer then usual, but he is obviously still around and making great holsters.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

I've been checking the mail with baited breath for over a week now. Bob told me 5-6 weeks and IIRC this is week 8. I was going to start my inquires with him, but after seeing this I'll be a bit more patient... though if 3 months comes around, I may have to start calling. :)

Senior Member Array bluelineman's Avatar
    My in-laws live a few towns over from him & they were flooded in for a week or two. Also, I believe that he is the police chief somewhere up there. So I'm guessing he's been really busy lately trying to get things into order.

Robert is also the Police Chief of a small town in Wisconsin. Because of the flooding that has occurred in his town, he has been very occupied with the flooding crisis. I have waited 8 weeks myself and he has shipped my holsters last Monday. He is a very honorable man and will follow through with his orders that are backlogged.

Administrator
    Ahh, flooding. That explains it. I'm not mad at him, I was just worried because this is very uncharacteristic of everything I've learned about his business. Flooding can be terrible, I hope he gets things back the way they were soon enough.
    Last edited by SIXTO; July 3rd, 2008 at 09:55 PM.
    "Just blame Sixto"

JJ
    Well, looks like my 2 holsters are lost at the moment. My Post Office (Chicago Area) scanned it last Monday at 7:20 AM not delivered by Wednesday talked to Supervisor,he did a search...Thursday it was scanned in Minn/St.Paul.Looks like wrong/unreadable street address was on my package and returned to sender. I just hope he gets them back and sends them to me. I been waiting since March 31st.

The web can make and break your business. Good communication and honesty are the 2 key components. I think Mika just needs to stay caught up o communication. Hang in there guys, it'll be wroth the wait.

Distinguished Member
    I was leaving for vacation on 6-28 so I called him on 6-19 and told him not to ship mine until I got back. He told me he was going to cut some J frame holsters on 6-20 and he would rush mine , even though I told him that I could wait until I got back, but he insisted on sending it. It's going on 9 weeks now and I haven't seen it yet , I hope he didn't send it while I was away.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by adaman04 View Post
    The web can make and break your business. Good communication and honesty are the 2 key components. I think Mika just needs to stay caught up o communication. Hang in there guys, it'll be wroth the wait.
    you are 100% correct, an email or VM would go along way.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I got mine last week. A little beyond the promised date, but Robert has been very good about calling when I send emails, so I knew what to expect. Send an email, and he will respond.

The holster is, as he promised, worth the wait!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Gretske View Post
    I got mine last week. A little beyond the promised date, but Robert has been very good about calling when I send emails, so I knew what to expect. Send an email, and he will respond.

The holster is, as he promised, worth the wait!
    See, thats what I've always heard about him, this is why I'm a little surprised and worried. I'll try another one today.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Links