Any help comparing the Comp-tac 2 O'clock vs. the Fist #K4?

This is a discussion on Any help comparing the Comp-tac 2 O'clock vs. the Fist #K4? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been eying these two holsters for a long time - the Comp-tac Two O'clock and the Fist #K4 . I will be carrying ...

Thread: Any help comparing the Comp-tac 2 O'clock vs. the Fist #K4?

I have been eying these two holsters for a long time - the Comp-tac Two O'clock and the Fist #K4.

I will be carrying a Kel-tec PF-9 in one of these holsters. I'd like to try carrying in the 2 o'clock position, but I will also try it at 11 o'clock (if that will work).

The Comp-tac seems to be made of a thicker Kydex than the Fist, but Fist offers the option to use a thicker type of Kydex than the ultra-thin. Is that "ultra-thin" Kydex tough enough to last for a few years of use? The Comp-tac looks to have a more durable design, but the Fist looks more form-fitting. The Fist seems to use a low attachment point for the clip, allowing more space for tucking of a shirt. If I got the Two O'clock, I would buy it with the J-hook option. Can anyone comment on the difference between each holster in actual use?

Thanks.

I've never had a Comp-Tac, but I love my FIST holsters. Get the back covered in the Ultra suede. It'll cost a few bucks but WELL worth it.

I just wish their their customer relations were better. the last time I called the women hung up on me after SHE was finished.

I own both the FIST K4 as well as the Comp-tac 2 O'clock. I have added a pic of the 2 O'Clock with a Ruger SP101.

I don't have any pic of the FIST holster but, at the outset, you must know that I am a big, big FIST fan as I have eleven of them. The Comp-tac is a much stiffer holster than the FIST, even with the thicker kydex. With my purely personal experience I have to give the edge to the 2 O'clock. Much easier off and on the belt, much more stable platform. For me, the Comp-tac is the better of the two by a long way.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Thanks.

dairycreek, I really appreciate hearing a report from someone who has both of them. One bonus I forgot to mention about the Two O'clock is that the belt clip is offset from the holster body. That means the whole package can be made a little thinner, than when having the belt clip directly over the thickest part of the gun.

Is the 2 o'clock position a comfortable place to carry?

"Is the 2 o'clock position a comfortable place to carry?"

Yes: http://www.usgunowner.com/photohost/...g=MVC-328S.JPG

"Is the 2 o'clock position a comfortable place to carry?"
    For me it has turned out to be the very best place to carry. Easy access; easy to cover; and easy to move and sit. Sure works for me.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

jfl

Got both ...

The FIST is on my belt, the Comp-Tac is in some drawer, with a couple dozen other holsters The FIST is much thinner. I wear it OWB but with my belt around it. hugs the body much better. Being 5' 8" and 145 lbs makes it difficult to conceal a G-26 in S. Fl.

Regarding Customer Service I had a good experience; I had a minor motorcycle accident that broke the holster; I had a long trip planned a week later, I called FIST, explained my case and they got me a holster just in time; the lady was very nice ... That was over a year ago.

I did split a Fist Kydex IWB a few years ago,I called and even though it was over the so called time frame,they replaced it free of charge.
    I've done a lot of business with them,they make a good product.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I've got a comp-tac 2 o'clock holster for a Keltec P3AT and I can't figure out what's special about it. Why is this designed for 2 o'clock carry? It looks just like any other IWB with a single clip. Heck I've even found it comfortable to put in the 5 o'clock position.

Quote Originally Posted by VtCO View Post
    Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I've got a comp-tac 2 o'clock holster for a Keltec P3AT and I can't figure out what's special about it. Why is this designed for 2 o'clock carry? It looks just like any other IWB with a single clip. Heck I've even found it comfortable to put in the 5 o'clock position.
    A couple things, as I see it...
    It is a straight drop (no cant), so it draws easily from in front of the hip. Usually people prefer a cant for behind-the-hip carry. Also, the gun rides high. Behind-the-hip holsters usually sit lower. Carrying in front of the hip means that the leg will bend when you sit. Therefore, the gun must sit higher to remain comfortable. If there are other reasons, someone feel free to add to this.

I appreciate everyone's input! If there are more experiences out there, I would still love to hear them.

"Carrying in front of the hip means that the leg will bend when you sit."

especially with a short barrel gun--like the PF-9.

My Fist holsters now number over 30. The ultra thin kydex works very well...three of my holsters are the Fist ultra thin kydex...no problems.

I would still prefer a leather (Fist) holster as an IWB type.

Stay armed...Fist will serve you well...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sponsored Links