need to find a holster for a S&W 610

This is a discussion on need to find a holster for a S&W 610 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Now mind you, this is gonna be a feat to conceal. Smith & Wesson 610 (N-frame), 6.5" barrel. Before anyone gets worked up, I didn't ...

Now mind you, this is gonna be a feat to conceal. Smith & Wesson 610 (N-frame), 6.5" barrel.

Before anyone gets worked up, I didn't buy this gun specifically for concealed carry, I'm just looking for holster options that don't scream "cowboy." About the only belt holster I've found for any 6.5" N-frame is the Galco Phoenix, but it only comes in tan (I prefer black). There are a few shoulder rigs available, but I've found that shoulder rigs are cumbersome and take too long to put on and get adjusted properly on a daily basis. Though I doubt I'll be carrying this thing daily anyway. :)

Anyway, I'm just looking for a holster that will work well at the range, but also be comfortable enough to wear for hours at a time, when I don't have to conceal (BBQ gun, anyone?). I'm not adversed to having a holster custom made, but would really rather keep the price under $100. If it comes down to it, I'll bite the bullet and have one made specifically (which I may have to do anyway, since this particular gun has a full barrel length underlug, and the cylinder is a slightly different size compared to a 29/629, which is what most long barreled N-frame holsters are designed to hold).

Thanks for any info. :)
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Senior Member Array the_fallguy's Avatar
    Well, I am getting ready to support the 625, but it's only a 4" barrel. Try Haugen Handgun Leather; he handles quite a few revolvers.
    _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
    Where self preservation is concerned, if you're not cheating, your not trying...

Thanks, it looks like their BMC holster might do the trick, if he can make one up for a 610-3. I'll send an email his way some time over the weekend and hopefully find out.
    Discretion is the better part of valour; and a virtue beyond reproach.
    Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

You should take a look at Fist Holsters FIST Holsters

They make several styles of OWB holsters and they can accommodate any size S&W. I've got a couple for my 3.5" and 4" N-frames and they build them generically with a full lug barrel channel, which my guns don't even have, so you just tell them the length you need. Keep in mind that the cylinder space is also generic for a model 29 style cylinder, but that hasn't bothered me with my guns. The quality is very nice and the fit and draw was perfect right from the beginning. They're very comfortable even with my heavy guns, and I can wear it all day with no problem.

The best part is that most of their models are way under $100 and they have fairly quick delivery times. Here's one of mine, a #12 Basic:

"Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry

Links