Matt DelFatti ~ An Amazing Holster Maker ~ Review ~ PICS!

Matt DelFatti ~ An Amazing Holster Maker ~ Review ~ PICS!

This is a discussion on Matt DelFatti ~ An Amazing Holster Maker ~ Review ~ PICS! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The first time that I ever heard the name DelFatti holster was in the Allegheny County Courthouse some moons ago. I spotted a super nice ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Matt DelFatti ~ An Amazing Holster Maker ~ Review ~ PICS!

Administrator

Thumbs up Matt DelFatti ~ An Amazing Holster Maker ~ Review ~ PICS!

The first time that I ever heard the name DelFatti holster was in the Allegheny County Courthouse some moons ago.
    I spotted a super nice looking leather rig that was being worn by a PGH plain clothes detective.
    It was warm in the courthouse that day and his sports jacket was slung over his shoulder.
    The holster was "sans firearm" when I saw it since there is No Carry even by LEOs in that courthouse.
    I got up and walked over and asked him who made his holster and his reply was: "DelFatti."
    Well, I forgot all about that name DelFatti until I started hitting the Internet firearm forums (years later) and his name kept popping up on various forums coupled with rave reviews.
    Rave reviews for reasons soon to become obvious when you stare at my forum photos.

Many thanks and overflowing buckets of gratitude offered to master holster maker Matt DelFatti for designing and crafting my most recent truly custom carry rig for me.

It is beautifully constructed of very firm cow hide with nicely patterned exotic Elephant hide "accent" leather.
    The leather is dyed an elegant deep rich brown and it is perfectly boned and molded to the firearm.

Incredibly the "flip side" of the holster looks every bit as good as the front.
    The stitching work, the edges, as well as the finish are absolutely flawless and are in keeping with the DelFatti standard for excellence in custom craftsmanship.

And some people actually wonder if any leather holster is ever worth waiting for?
    I can assure you that this particular holster was well worth the wait.

Presented here are some photos of my (now favorite) holster that Matt made for my SIG/Browning BDA in .45 caliber.

The European SIG Sauer System BDA is almost (but not quite) identical to the American SIG P220 with the major differences being the magazine release on the butt of the firearm and the different construction of the slide which makes the slide lighter than the newer "machined from bar stock" SIG slides.

I also really needed this carry rig to have a "skin guard" as protection from the corner of the rear sight as it is sharp and occasionally painful on this particular handgun.
    Another minor variation is the slightly thinner trigger guard on my Euro handgun but, somehow Matt also managed to bone that area to a perfect fit.

But, let me get away from talking about the pistol and get back to talking about my amazing new holster.

Please notice the 32 degree forward rake rather than the more typical and common 15 degree rake. I have been wanting a holster exactly like this one for quite some time.

It's intended for OWB Summer carry directly behind my strong side hip and concealed under just under an oversize T-Shirt.
    You are not likely to find an "off~the~shelf~cookie~cutter~carry~rig" with this extreme degree of forward cant that will pull a full size & full weight firearm in close enough to the body.

The belt loop slots need to be precisely positioned (they are) and the rig requires a firm and proper gun belt.

Matt certainly did accomplish the task for me and I could not be happier.

The pistol butt pulls in perfectly and actually better than I imagined it would.
    The leather also needed to be very firm and so (of course) it is.
    Matt only uses the best of the best.

So this holster is a fitting representative example of why there will always be a need for TRUE CUSTOM holster makers.

There was no way that I could just "shop around" and find a holster off the shelf & perfectly "tuned to myself" like this one.

Matt has obviously reached a real plateau making custom holsters as I just cannot imagine it being humanly possible to make a more finely constructed holster than this one.

My intention was to do a 100% honest and completely unbiased forum review and I just can't find anything imperfect about it.

Thank You Again Matt!
    I could not be happier than I am with this holster.

If any of you would like to see more of the custom holster work that has been done by Matt DelFatti then you need only visit his web site and check out his Photo Gallery Of Holsters.

If you have a deep appreciation for the highest quality carry leather that is as lasting, utilitarian, and functional as it is esthetically pleasing then the DelFatti Gallery of past creations will likely render you speechless.

Del Fatti Leather

If any of you would love to have Matt build a holster for you then please know (in advance) that he is usually booked as solid as Mount Everest but, do get your name on his doggone waiting list as soon as possible. There is no better MAKER.

Oh...and one more thing....HI GINA!

Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

BEAUTIFUL holster, certainly worth the wait!

That is super nice!!!

JD
    Administrator
    Very nice, I'm a big fan of DelFatti, he's a true craftsman.

Beautiful rig!

Administrator
    Thanks. I absolutely love it.
    I tried to take a picture of me wearing it (in the mirror) but, because of the way I had to turn to take the pic it was awkward & didn't work out too well.

I'll have my Wife take a photo and add it in here some day soon.

Wow, absolutely beautiful. Gonna have to get on the waiting list!
    Sig 229 Elite .40 S&W
    HK P2000 sk

Amazing colors... such a classic looking rig. The hammer on that pistol looks like it could gut you!
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Administrator
    Way back when I thought it was the hammer that was giving me a "gotcha" every once in a while but nope it turned out to be the corner of the rear sight. The hammer is fine.

Very nice...I'm on his waiting list for a shoulder rig...threads like these just make it harder.

Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

That forward cant looks great!

Very nice!!

Anyone know if he is taking new orders again?

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post

I'll have my Wife take a photo and add it in here some day soon.
    Please do. The added angle looks very interesting. It would be nice to see it in the carry position. Very nice looking holster.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

Is that a modified LP holster, or a total custom job?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links