Raven Concealment RCS Holster Impressions

This is a discussion on Raven Concealment RCS Holster Impressions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So Ive found a holster that improves what I didnt like about the MTAC. I ordered a Raven Concealment Holster about 3 weeks ago, the ...

Thread: Raven Concealment RCS Holster Impressions

So Ive found a holster that improves what I didnt like about the MTAC.

I ordered a Raven Concealment Holster about 3 weeks ago, the holster is a "modular" system, it came with regular 1.5" belt loops so you can wear it OWB, but I also ordered a set of over-hooks which allow me to wear it IWB.

I didn't think there were much better made kydex holsters on the market besides Comp-Tac, but wow, the construction of this holster is amazing. It is a bit thinner than Comp-Tac, but it feels so much more rigid all around, the holster is built of two thin halves joined together by some fasteners (I cant think of the name ATM), and it is overall a very thin holster.

My 3 biggest gripes with the MTAC were

-Retention, the gun just kinda slides into the MTAC and all the retention there is is your belt holding it against your body.

The RCS holster has awesome retention, the gun goes in and there is a definitive point where you have to slightly push the gun and it sternly clicks in place, and stays there, I can shake the holster with the gun with a loaded magazine and it does not come out, the MTAC the gun will easily fall out with a bit of jiggle.

-Re-holstering, my biggest grip was being able to reholster easily. I have to disarm myself when I get to work in my car, and reholstering is not the easiest, being that half the holster is a very soft leather. When the gun is out of the holster it wants to really squeeze and cave in making it difficult to reholster.

With the RCS the body of the holster compresses very slightly, and after a few tries I can reholster one handed no looking no problem already.

- Speed, with a full kydex holster the speed is quite a bit faster than my MTAC. Not really a huge deal but still one of the improvements.

They were at the Harrisburg PA gun show last year and made me the same type holster for my Colt .380 Model 1908. As you can imagine, holsters for that gun are not common - and I wanted one for the range.

They used my .380 for the mold and made the holster while I waited. Great service!

At the next Harrisburg gun show, I bought the LC (light compatible) model to use with my G19 and M3 light for nightstand duty. I didn't see them at the show last month, but I wasn't in the market for a holster at the time.

They're not cheap, but they're well-made, comfortable, and secure. Raven Concealment Systems
    Clinging to guns and God in PA...

Looks like Comp-Tac's all kydex CTAC.

Administrator
    Looks good.
    Name of the fasteners...Grommets or Eyelets.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I have one for my M&Pc, M&P full size, and the double mag carrier... I use the compact for IWB with the overhooks and the full size OWB in IDPA. It's a fast, perfectly fit, thin, sturdy, PANCAKE style kydex rig that is just perfect for me. The turnaround times could be better as last order I placed they were 25 days out. They just keep getting busier!

I really like mine if I didn't already mention that!
    ---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Sponsored Links