IWB Holster Life ?

This is a discussion on IWB Holster Life ? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For some of you old (er) guys who have carried IWB for a long time. Do you swap your holsters after you feel like the ...

Thread: IWB Holster Life ?

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality

IWB Holster Life ?

For some of you old (er) guys who have carried IWB for a long time. Do you swap your holsters after you feel like the animal skin has turned into a dead animal skin. With the advent of newer plastics I don't think this would be much of an issue if you have gone plastic, but I prefer a animal skin IWB for the comfort. But for the guys who have carried in Knulls or Sparks for a long time after a while does the COW or Horse start to degrade? I have carried an IWB for about 3 years now and I'm noticing after a while the animal hide starts to get a little frail. I carry every waking moment of the day in generally an M-TAC( already replaced the clips once due to external pinning outward) or a sparks depending on how I'm dressing, but the M-Tac sees more use since I'm not a Jacket guy. Plus the Hot summer weather of VA doesn't really cater toward a jacket. I'm a big guy 6 3 260 (excuse me horizontally challenged) and I do perspire therefore the COW seems to get flimsy faster then the Horse but just wondering if there was a rule of thumb for you older crustier (jk) guys who have carried for years.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I do believe that my Milt Sparks holsters will outlive me. After two years they still look (and smell) new!
    Even if they do develop a problem, I'll just send 'em back for a rebuild!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Links