Another Gunbelt Thread

Another Gunbelt Thread

This is a discussion on Another Gunbelt Thread within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; All, I'm still a neophyte when it comes to carrying - about 3 months now - but carry whenever possible (I can't carry at work). ...

Thread: Another Gunbelt Thread

Another Gunbelt Thread

All,

I'm still a neophyte when it comes to carrying - about 3 months now - but carry whenever possible (I can't carry at work). I have been using a 1.5" carhart belt I bought at walmart for about $20. It's a decently thick belt but just wasn't cutting it. The government 1911 riding in an IWB was just pulling down my pants too much. I would have to take it off when doing chores around the house or cinch it up so tight that it was extremely uncomfortable. So I opted for a gun belt.

I ordered one from Jim 'The Belt Man' Speidel ( http://www.thebeltman.net ) and have been wearing it for about a week now - and WOW - what a difference. This belt is so comfortable that I wear it at work (without the gun). Wearing a gun is much more comfortable now - I'm not constantly hoisting up my pants and the support is spectacular. In particular, OWB carry has become much more bearable and IWB is no problem at all.

I have to say that Jim's work is top notch and I can't be happier with the product. (The price is pretty darn good too!) I've also realized how much difference a true gun belt can make when carrying. The 1911 now rides quite comfortably all day long (at least on the weekends) on my side - even during strenuous activities.

Anyone who has been getting by on a regular belt should really give this a try.
    Last edited by QKShooter; November 15th, 2005 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Add Photo

Howdy!
    Those are some really nice lookin' belts!

They are nice looking belts, reasonbly priced, and good color choices...my bride says I need to color co-ordinate more often. She even likes these!
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

I was surprised by how much they look and function like a normal belt. I work in a professional environment and it in no way looks out of place. I've taken it hunting, fishing, hiking, working, and just general carry around the house. I will probably end up scraping the rest of my belts as regardless of carry these types of belts will be the only ones I buy from here on out.

Seems not too long ago I told someone not to cheese out on a belt...

ItolejaItolejaItolejanooneeverlistenstome...

I'm a little slow taking advice sometimes - but I usually come around.

Administrator
    GOOD GUN BELT is as important as your holster.
    They are equal in importance.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

A good gunbelt will also far outlast a belt of normal thickness even when not carrying. Think about it, sure they cost more but if they last two or three times longer than the cheap stuff then you're saving money AND getting a more stable platform for weapons carry. The last belt I bought was my 1.5" Milt Sparks, been wearing it every day since roughly June of 2000. At some point I plan on adding a 1.25" to my wardrobe to cover the rare suit days as well.
    Jack

Links