Wilderness/Brommeland Update

This is a discussion on Wilderness/Brommeland Update within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland Hey guys! The 5-Stitch that I'm presently wearing is the 1.5" for just the reasons that ya'll have stated. Many ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wilderness/Brommeland Update

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    Hey guys!

The 5-Stitch that I'm presently wearing is the 1.5" for just the reasons that ya'll have stated. Many current production holsters, mag pouches and trouser belt loops will not fit a 1.75" belt, so I wanted to make sure that the 1.5" was up to the job.
    I am presently wearing my 5" steel frame 1911 in one of my Def-Cons (which is an OWB pancake type design) and they work VERY well together. This belt supports the holster/weapon every bit as well as a top end leather gunbelt. Thus far, I am very impressed with this product.
    I use a 5 stitch 1/12 inch Wilderness wtih your Max Con v's and they work very well together. I've been thinking about one of your Def-Cons for winter wear. Not sure if I'm going to hang on to the Para yet. I think that the full size 1911 would be too long to hide easily under a light jacket or flannel shirt??? Hence the P-12... for now.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat
    I think that the full size 1911 would be too long to hide easily under a light jacket or flannel shirt???
    I'm not sure if you are asking my opinion here or not, but here goes: It really depends upon your clothing choices. As I type this I am wearing a light fleece sweater, and my 5" is easily covered. The distance from the bottom edge of the belt to the lowest point of the holster's muzzle is 4 3/8". The holster, BTW, is a Def-Con.
    As you play around w/ your various cover garments, this should be able to tell you if it will work for you, given your clothing preferences. Good luck!

I occasionally OWB carry my 1911 and with a light jacket - no problem. I have a few t-shirts long enough to cover the barrel without much problem but I do get a little bit of printing - but it's a fobus - not a def-con.

I feel dirty mentioning those two in the same sentence. Sorry Gary!

Quote Originally Posted by joe/OH
    I occasionally OWB carry my 1911 and with a light jacket - no problem. I have a few t-shirts long enough to cover the barrel without much problem but I do get a little bit of printing - but it's a fobus - not a def-con.

I feel dirty mentioning those two in the same sentence. Sorry Gary!

Hey Joe,

You're forgiven (this time). :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland
    I'm not sure if you are asking my opinion here or not, but here goes: It really depends upon your clothing choices. As I type this I am wearing a light fleece sweater, and my 5" is easily covered. The distance from the bottom edge of the belt to the lowest point of the holster's muzzle is 4 3/8". The holster, BTW, is a Def-Con.
    As you play around w/ your various cover garments, this should be able to tell you if it will work for you, given your clothing preferences. Good luck!
    Thanks for the Info and advice. I'll have to measure some of my cover garments. Remember that I'm only 5'7" and weigh 140 lbs. So there is not a lot of me to hide things!!!

Maybe we should carry this discussion on by email and not on the boards ????

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat

Maybe we should carry this discussion on by email and not on the boards ????

Roger that. Please shoot me an email at your convenience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links