Wilderness/Brommeland Update

This is a discussion on Wilderness/Brommeland Update within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey All, I received my sample today of the Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructer's Belt. I've got to tell you that my initial impression could not ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilderness/Brommeland Update

Hey All,
    I received my sample today of the Wilderness 5 Stitch Instructer's Belt. I've got to tell you that my initial impression could not be more positive. These things are GREAT!!! They support an OBW and IWB holster as well as a premium leather holster belt and they look great too. I believe that they would go fine w/ jeans, BDU's, even 5.11's and Dockers for casual wear.
    I will be stocking these things for sure. Please give me a call @ 423.733.1779 to order one. Thanks!

Gary, do you have any pic's yet?

Grant.......

Thanks Gary, sounds really encouraging to say the least. I've got to tell you though, a "sample" sounds like they sent you a buckle and three inches of belt.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry
    Gary, do you have any pic's yet?

Grant.......
    Nope - I just got it a few hours ago. Here's a link, though, to their site: http://thewilderness.com/catalog/default.php/cPath/3

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Thanks Gary, sounds really encouraging to say the least. I've got to tell you though, a "sample" sounds like they sent you a buckle and three inches of belt.
    Jack

Hi Jack,

No, I actually bought a belt to try out. I could not, in good conscience, endorse a product that I haven't used. Thus far, it is a truly great piece of gear.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    I have been wearing these type of belts for years. We used to have the parariggers make them for us and trade them for the "stuff" that they needed. The only difference was that we had a dedicated milspec d-ring sewed on next to the buckle. Just something to snap a beaner to if times got tough. You can pull the buckle outward and use that also but it makes the belt real tight. (don't do this if your wearing IWB)I had a buddy use this type of belt on a overly aggressive dog as the last resort. These type of belts make a hellova weapon also.----------

I know they've developed a good range of belts: Frequent flyer, 5 stitch, "polymer" insert models and different widths and colors. As I said in the other thread, I'm mainly a jeans guy so I guess either a 1.5" or 1.75" would work. Heck, I might even be interested in the beige or OD colors ... wouldn't want to "clash."

Curious what all you're planning on stocking from them.
    Thanks,
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    I know they've developed a good range of belts: Frequent flyer, 5 stitch, "polymer" insert models and different widths and colors. As I said in the other thread, I'm mainly a jeans guy so I guess either a 1.5" or 1.75" would work. Heck, I might even be interested in the beige or OD colors ... wouldn't want to "clash."

Curious what all you're planning on stocking from them.
    Thanks,
    Jack
    Hi Jack,

Well, that is really up to my customers. From what I know at this point, we'll be stocking the 5 stitch instructor's belts in 1.5 and 1.75 inch widths, in an assortment of colors.
    I'll probably also have a few of their Single Point and Giles slings available, too.
    Please feel free to post any suggestions that ya'll may have. I want to make sure that I am giving you guys what you want. Thanks!

Senior Member Array Eric Larsen's Avatar
    Gary,
    Great product, I tried one of my friends a year or so ago and loved what it did. Its always good to offer your customers another product that really works! Cool.
    Shoot well.
    If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice..........Rush

You guys that are gonna order the Wilderness belt for knockin' around, dont cheat yourself out of a great 'dress' belt. When you place your order, speak with Gary about one of his black leather dress gunbelts. Mine is over 2 years old, and still looks new and shiny.

Dan

Well, 1.5" in black of course. Same width in beige for a less tactical look would be useful at times too. Might even be interested in a 1.75" OD for exta back support when fishing (unfortunately my holster loops all fit the 1.5" belts - grrrrr).
    Jack

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    I own two of the Wilderness 5-stitch belts, on the recommendation of a friend who swears by them. Great gun belts that can be worn at all but the most formal of occasions!

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Suggest that you guys take a close look at what holster will be worn/used with the belt. Lots of great holsters will not accept a 1.75" belt. Especially the lined/stiffened type of belts.----------

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    Suggest that you guys take a close look at what holster will be worn/used with the belt. Lots of great holsters will not accept a 1.75" belt. Especially the lined/stiffened type of belts.----------
    Not only do I agree with your statement, but a lot of my pants won't take a 1.75" belt either . . . and keep in mind that the Wilderness belt is at least double the thickness of a standard belt.

Both of mine are 1.5" belts and they fit most of my pants.

Hey guys!

The 5-Stitch that I'm presently wearing is the 1.5" for just the reasons that ya'll have stated. Many current production holsters, mag pouches and trouser belt loops will not fit a 1.75" belt, so I wanted to make sure that the 1.5" was up to the job.
    I am presently wearing my 5" steel frame 1911 in one of my Def-Cons (which is an OWB pancake type design) and they work VERY well together. This belt supports the holster/weapon every bit as well as a top end leather gunbelt. Thus far, I am very impressed with this product.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links