Defensive Carry banner

My Tucker Rig

2K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  maclean3 
#1 ·
Well, it's only been 5 months since I first placed my order and I've been itchin to get it. Had it delivered to Bumper while I was outta the country on work (in New Zealand...I also preached the gospel of guns to the unarmed populace). I just picked it up last week and I'm really pleased with it. The darn belt is just shy of 7/16" thick... Glad my mom didn't have one when I was a kid. Tucker calls the finish black cherry. The Nighthawk Predator fits perfect. I sent him pics and dimensions when I placed the order. It fits snug against my side, and while driving, it is absolutely comfortable. Hope the pics do it justice cause it is really a nice looking rig. :biggrin:

#6 ·
I hit the wrong digit...the belt is almost 5/16"....still thick....the width I chose was 1 1/4 inch. As far as the "flap" design goes, since it is the other belt slot, it evidently tends to pull the holster snug to the body.....geesh, 7/16, can't believe I put that in there. It's thick but certainly not near a 1/2 inch.....sorry bout that! :tongue:

#9 ·
Hey guys!

That front flap/belt slot thingie was a true stroke of genius. It really aids in pulling the front edge of the weapon in tight. That is one of the drawbacks associated with some of the rear belt slot holsters (all of which trace their roots back to Bruce Nelson's #1 Professional, BTW ). If the front belt loop isn't executed just right, the leading edge of the holster leans out away fron the body.
There are other ways to accomplish the same thing (I'm finalizing one now), but Tucker's approach is simple and effective. I just wish that I'd thought of it first... :)

#14 ·
Eric

What do YOU know about Leather HOLSTERS??? :poke: :biggrin:

Folks check out Larsen's gunleather if you have not looked at his carry rigs yet.
His work is "Right Beautious" also.

Click his link...Right Up There in his Signature Line...What are you waiting for? :smile:

#15 ·
I was laughin with Bumper over the belt, cause many many months ago on another thread I made a remark about just buying a $20 Wal Mart special then replace it if ever wears out....well, I WAS WRONG ! I think if I had really long legs, I could holster a Barrett .50 cal on this belt and never get a sag! :tongue:

#16 ·
QKShooter said:
What do YOU know about Leather HOLSTERS??? :poke: :biggrin:

Folks check out Larsen's gunleather if you have not looked at his carry rigs yet.
His work is "Right Beautious" also.

Click his link...Right Up There in his Signature Line...What are you waiting for? :smile:

Last time I looked at his site I ended up ordering a full rig - and I keep coming up with ideas for more accessories. Custom leather is just as addictive as 1911s and good knives.
Jack

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.