High Noon Holster Review

This is a discussion on High Noon Holster Review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by chuckE I just ordered a Hidden Alley for my G23. I hope this is a more comfortable carry than IWB strongside. I ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: High Noon Holster Review

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckE View Post
    I just ordered a Hidden Alley for my G23. I hope this is a more comfortable carry than IWB strongside.
    I think you will be pleased, one trick that works for me when carrying a mid sized gun is to move the holster forward, almost in front of your hip bone. It makes it more comfortable in both a seated and standing position, it also seems to hide better. It works for me anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

2. Remove Ads

SIXTO... I was actually looking at this same holster a week or so ago. I'm looking for a reasonable priced holster for my BUG.

I am thinking of getting a left hand version to carry my XD9sc on my weak side. Do you think the XD9sc with the 10 round mag be too heavy for this rig?

Thanks for the write up! I appreciated your thoughts on that particular holster.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I've only had my CC license for about a month. The first holster I had was nylon and had a large clip that didn't grab the belt and it was very bulky and noticable. It was tuckable but the material and clip were about 2 inches wide which made it harder to conceal.

I turned right around and ordered the High Noon Split decision for my Kahr CW 9. I am left handed and carry in the 8 O'clock position. I've been very pleased with the holster. It holds the Kahr well. I like the adjustable tension screw. And the tuckable feature works very well. I have to wear dress shirts or business polo's everyday. This holster is easy to conceal and very comfortable. Two thumbs up from a newbie.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    SIXTO... I was actually looking at this same holster a week or so ago. I'm looking for a reasonable priced holster for my BUG.

I am thinking of getting a left hand version to carry my XD9sc on my weak side. Do you think the XD9sc with the 10 round mag be too heavy for this rig?

Thanks for the write up! I appreciated your thoughts on that particular holster.
    I think it would be fine for the SC.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    SIXTO... Do you think the XD9sc with the 10 round mag be too heavy for this rig?...
    I use this holster with an XD40sc as my EDC and it does just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    LOL, I guess I should read those first! Still, no complaints, I'm very pleased.

No not at all, At 100 plus questions, its a daunting task. A real nice learning experience if you have the time.

Justin
    High Noon Holsters
    www.HighNoonHolsters.com

I have one for my CZ 2075 Rami P. Very nice! Received it in less han a week!

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I have a HighNoon Hidden ally that I like very much.
    Ditto. Next holster will be an OWB and I'll definitely be a HighNoon repeat customer!

I bought a split decision for my Keltec p11 but I haven't worn the holster in over a month,not because I hate the holster but because my gun is getting fixed at keltec,I too prefer holsters with side guards but after reading the posts realise why that isn't feasible.Upon return of my pistol I intend to carry this holster in the 11 o'clock position when wearing my 1911 for backup.Or possibly investing in a HN pocket holster due to I wear cargo shorts 99% of the time
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I have been going back and forth on the Split Decision vs. Closing Argument for a Kahr PM9. I don't know if I could justify the $60 more in cost to get the sweat guard and better leather. If the Split Decision had a sweat guard I would get it in an instant. I'm worried about my little tummy being irritated by the slide/sights.
    Speak softly, and carry a big stick.

High Noon Holsters - Bare Asset - $25

This is a minimalist IWB concealed carry holster that feels just about like tucking the pistol into your waistband. It is well built of black cowhide with a thin steel c-clip the can snap over your belt. It has a 15 degree forward cant. The Mr. Softee model is the same holster without the cant. It is designed to be worn in front of or behind the point of the hip. I wear it just behind the point of the hip or back close to the small of the back.

I was looking for a holster to carry my Officers Model Colt (3.5 inch); none of the holsters for my five inch models really seemed secure. The other holsters I have for an OM are just not as comfortable as they should be. I have been using this for a week now and rides very comfortably. The only negative is the metal clip which can be rough on and mar the carry belt (this was noted on most reviews on this holster). For the money I do not think you can go wrong. Three months in to wearing it and doing great. The OM is heavy and rides great, this is the most comfortably conceled holster I own. I would think any pistol in this size or weight range would be ok. The lack of a shield has not been a bother, in summer am wearing a t-shirt with light dress shirt over it, has been great.

High Noon Holsters is a custom maker and has a broad line of models and options. They have several of their most popular models in stock for most common firearms. Turn around on this with shipment was 4 days.

Another fan!! I have their bare asset for my compact Kimber, very comfortable , but am in love with my Slide Guard for my HK. This is a great holster all the way around! Not to mention Alex and Justin are great to work with.
    Keep up the good work Guys!!

GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links