My New Comp Tac

This is a discussion on My New Comp Tac within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well, I received my CTAC Minotaur Spartan for my Glock 23C. I must say it is a very cool idea, mixing leather/kydex and a very ...

Thread: My New Comp Tac

My New Comp Tac

Well, I received my CTAC Minotaur Spartan for my Glock 23C. I must say it is a very cool idea, mixing leather/kydex and a very comfortable holster. I wore it for 12 hours yesterday in the shop, at the desk and out and about. It bit me only once because I sat down in our vehicle wrong, otherwise, I almost forgot it was there. I even sported my 17L in it, though not the most comfortable things with the barrel protruding, but very functional. It came out of the holster just as fast as the 23C... I was quite surprised.

I have to say there customer service is great. They kept me up to date on what was going on from build time to delivery information.
    It only took 9 days to build... I had it in 11 days from order time which is quite impressive.

The one down to the holster is they do not burnish the leather to give it a really smooth finish. Granted, the cut is very clean, but over time I forsee a bit of "fur" growing from it. That's okay, I can do that myself.

I am going to make it unique and put soft suede on the back and reef shark on the face of the leather portion. I think that will be a good look and be alot more comfortable to wear.

I can honestly say it is the best kydex rig I have owned. In fact, it is the only one I have because I sold the others due to issues I could not remedy (not comfortable, not balanced, poor construction).

I give Comp Tac 2 thumbs up. I plan on getting a rig for my 17L from them in the near future.
    Attached Images

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Mine is my EDC holster. Most comfortable holster I have.

Congrats and enjoy.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

What you don't like furry holsters

Show some pic's when your done..

The shark will be sweet!!! You going to use the rust color???

SouthBound

Yeah, I am going to use the rust colored. Should go cool with everything. May be a while... alot on my plate right now.

Must see when finished!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Links