New Holster By Raven Concealment - Page 2

New Holster By Raven Concealment

This is a discussion on New Holster By Raven Concealment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by AZ Husker Sorry, I meant it didn't fit the gun. I do disagree with you however about the comfort of hard plastic ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Holster By Raven Concealment

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Sorry, I meant it didn't fit the gun. I do disagree with you however about the comfort of hard plastic versus soft leather inside the waistband. Huge difference in comfort to me. As far as none are really comfortable, I'd recommend checking out the demand for Milt Sparks' VM2. It is truly comfy with a 1911 all day.
    I've tried one...didn't make me forget I was carrying. Plus, I draw faster with Kydex. Also, Raven has good molds...best in the kydex business by many accounts.

Kydex is fine IWB...no amount of padding makes me say "Oh I forgot I had my gun on" plus, kydex is thinner which generally helps keep that bulge in the waist down. It's all preference, but like I said. Flip a coin...I can carry a gun all day in a kydex IWB just fine. Maybe because I'm not fat, 5'10" and 160lbs. 34" waist.

I don't know, but honestly waiting a year for a holster to me...no way. Even waiting for a raven is rough. I wanna carry now. I could be shot before that year is up and say "man I wish I had a holster to carry my gun". lol

Kind of harsh yes, but i'm in a sort of weird mood. Sorry for the bad jokes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrdredd View Post
    I've tried one...didn't make me forget I was carrying. Plus, I draw faster with Kydex. Also, Raven has good molds...best in the kydex business by many accounts.

Kydex is fine IWB...no amount of padding makes me say "Oh I forgot I had my gun on" plus, kydex is thinner which generally helps keep that bulge in the waist down. It's all preference, but like I said. Flip a coin...I can carry a gun all day in a kydex IWB just fine. Maybe because I'm not fat, 5'10" and 160lbs. 34" waist.

I don't know, but honestly waiting a year for a holster to me...no way. Even waiting for a raven is rough. I wanna carry now. I could be shot before that year is up and say "man I wish I had a holster to carry my gun". lol

Kind of harsh yes, but i'm in a sort of weird mood. Sorry for the bad jokes etc.
    Your opinion, which you're certainly entitled to. But you really shouldn't be so dismiissive about it -- this forum (and others like it) are full of people who can't stand kydex IWB. I'm one of 'em. As far as I and apparently a lot of others are concerned, there isn't an all-kydex holster made that can be as comfortable as quality leather against the skin. Sure there are uncomfortable leather holsters (I just bought one unfortunately), but virtually ALL kydex IWB holsters and paddles are uncomfortable to me. So it's a very subjective thing: you like kydex IWB. Others don't. That's why there are so many options out there.

As far as no holster making you forget you have a gun on, I'd have to strongly disagree, as AZ Husker said. That tells me you either haven't found the "right" holster and belt for your body type and carry style yet, or you haven't been carrying long. Both will go a long way towards making you "forget" you're carrying.

Not that I have a beef with kydex, mind you, as it does have its benefits. In fact, speaking of kydex and comfort, I *can* wear my MTAC all day long with a heavy 1911 and essentially forget I have it on. It's that comfortable. The comfort of leather, with the benefits of kydex. And you don't wait a year for one either. For that matter, you don't wait a year for a custom VM2 either. I ordered the MTAC while deciding between a MaxCon V and the VM2. The MTAC arrived in a week, and then I decided on the VM2 and ordered it. When it arrives, I'll wear it and possibly get another kydex shell for the MTAC for one of the other guns.
    David

Kimber Pro CDP II Colt Combat Commander Glock 26 GNS Ruger Mark III 22/45 Kahr CW9 (sold)

I have an MTAC for my G19. I'm starting to be a fan of kydex because it's so thin and from my experience draws faster. Other than that...i dunno. I've tried a couple leather holsters, one of them was a VM2 for a 1911 which a buddy of mine uses. It was ok, but not some religious experience for me.

I am not uncomfortable with my Raven for my HK45 and I carried it all day yesterday just fine. MTAC is good too, but either way I'm not loosing sleep over it really. Actually the MTAC is uncomfortable while seated where the Raven is a bit better. I think because it's flat at the bottom where the MTAC has a sort of point that wants to push up.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links