New Holster By Raven Concealment

This is a discussion on New Holster By Raven Concealment within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The other day I got a brand new holster from Raven Concealment via The Malabar Front . These are the guys who have a bad ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Holster By Raven Concealment

New Holster By Raven Concealment

The other day I got a brand new holster from Raven Concealment via The Malabar Front. These are the guys who have a bad website, so if that's a measure of quality for you, just pass on by.

It is an appendix carry, called the ACR (appendix carry rig- they aren't really marketeers). Having used a prototype of this rig, I can say the design has had a lot of thought and work put into it. It is nothing breakthrough, but if you like Raven Concealment as I do, it is interesting. Very securely held in place with a good belt, good workmanship, good concealment. I am a fan of this method of carry, especially when spending a day in and out of the car. I carry an XDsc9, so it is very butt heavy and hard to carry like this, but they worked on it till they got it right. No grip-out canting in this baby.

Oh, best part to me? It is IWB and tuckable. Longer term report is being worked up and photos to come.

Exechobo
    Last edited by pbanbury; July 15th, 2008 at 01:53 PM.

2. Remove Ads

Can't find the ACR

Quote Originally Posted by pbanbury View Post
    It is an appendix carry, called the ACR (appendix carry rig- they aren't really marketeers).
    Exechobo
    I can't find the ACR on either site. Could you please provide a full link?

Thanks!
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure that it is right. - Learned Hand

Too New

Sorry, it is not yet on the website, but is in production. I will have pics up in a while

Photos are here!

OK, have a few more minutes. After a few days my impressions are that the rig is secure, and the outward cant I had with other appendix rigs and this weapon are solved. I like it for that. It does make itself felt when I squat and wrap my arms around my shins. Not that I do that often, but when crawling around in the trusses of a building I sometimes find it unpleasant. When doing most normal things, including PT drills and running, it is very, very comfortable. Have worn it for a full day since getting it a couple of times, with shorts and a light shirt like in the photos. Will update this after a week or so of use.

Exechobo

Looks good, but maybe without the rear wing. IMO an AIWB is best with a single point attachment to allow some flexibility in adjustment.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

Hmm, I think I like it. I was thinking of picking up a Comp-Tac 2 o'clock (Comp-Tac : Products) but this looks to be much more stable with that extra wing. It does look like there's some adjustment in it.
    I am not a Lawyer, LEO, or Special Forces Operator.
    The writings above are not burdened by trivialities such as research, experience or facts. However, it is on the Internet, so it must be true.
    InstructorCommunity, forum for instructors.
    The Threadless Nut, my blog

For those of you who prefer the standard two clip IWB that is CONVERTABLE, or rather, comes standard OWB.. Here is their 'Phantom' for the M&Pc. Great, thin, fast, sturdy, holster. It is a pancake style kydex holster that is slightly pre-curved to your body. I have one for my full size that is perfect for IDPA. Sorry, all I have is the IWB pic.

---------------------------------------
    www.GeorgiaCarry.org Member
    ---------------------------------------

Thanks for the pictures. I always like seeing new designs. The two point design is great for stability, though semperfi.45 is right that with AIWB carry sometimes a little bit of flexibility helps tremendously with comfort. The size of your belly is probably the most important determining factor in being able to comfortably wear AIWB. For me short barrels are a must if I want to even think about sitting down. Yay for Kahr's PM9!
    Mine: Glock 36............Wife's: Ruger SP101 3"
    -------Ruger SR9....................Ruger SR9c
    -------S&W SW99 .45.............Charter Arms Undercover

Hidden Defense - Personal gun & holster designs/reviews.

looks cheaply made

Does not look very durable to me.

steve

Time will tell. The Phantoms from this company have held up well for me, in every day all day wear. Same materials, same construction style. I like the kydex they use.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Looks good, but maybe without the rear wing. IMO an AIWB is best with a single point attachment to allow some flexibility in adjustment.

The wing is what pulls it so tight to the body.

Raven makes some great stuff, I got to play with one of the ACR prototypes. I've also tried the Phantom that a buddy has...awesome holster, very comfortable and concealable.

Next time I need a holster, it will be a Raven.

Quote Originally Posted by stolivar View Post
    Does not look very durable to me.
    steve
    I know some guys who have put them through the ringer...they work fine.
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

I bought a Raven OWB for a G21. It didn't fit, and they refunded my money. It was very uncomfortable. No more plastic for me. Leather is the way to go for comfort if you carry all day.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    I bought a Raven OWB for a G21. It didn't fit, and they refunded my money. It was very uncomfortable. No more plastic for me. Leather is the way to go for comfort if you carry all day.
    Didn't fit? What's that mean? A Holster is not made like a tailored suit.

A holster is a functional accessory and nothing more. No holster is really comfortable regardless. Some may dig into you or whatever depending on how you carry and your body type. No holster is going to feel like nothing is there except pocket carry. Kydex vs leather is pretty much crap IMO. Either works and neither is really better than the other when both are made well. I could flip a coin to be honest.

Sorry, I meant it didn't fit the gun. I do disagree with you however about the comfort of hard plastic versus soft leather inside the waistband. Huge difference in comfort to me. As far as none are really comfortable, I'd recommend checking out the demand for Milt Sparks' VM2. It is truly comfy with a 1911 all day.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links