Coronado Leather

Coronado Leather

This is a discussion on Coronado Leather within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone tried these concealment vest's out from this company? Some people swear you can concela a full size Colt or a Glock 21 in ...

Thread: Coronado Leather

Coronado Leather

Has anyone tried these concealment vest's out from this company? Some people swear you can concela a full size Colt or a Glock 21 in the inside brest pocket and it will not print. I also wonder quiclky and safely you could get in to action. Thanks. www.coronadoleather.com
    Last edited by Terry G; November 18th, 2005 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Sp

Never tried one and don't care to either, not my thing. But I would have to believe that the vest would be weighed down on the side the gun is on and would seem crocked all the time.

Ti.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    It works as advertised.

Depending on gun/ammo total weight it is a bit heavy but doesn't go lopsided. This is a heavy leather vest to start with, not cheap and thin junk.

Recommendation is to put gun on one side and spare mags in the other side, balances the weight fairly well.

Doesn't print at all with my H&K USPc .40. Haven't tried it yet with my 1911.

Interesting. I have a suede Coronado vest that will not hold an HK USP compact 9. I won't hold any Hi Power with adjustable sights, and doesn't even conceal the Taurus 617 too well.
    Support the NRA, GOA, & SAF

Assistant Administrator
    Ya know - when it comes to vests - I use mine as pure cover. I really don't feel I want a vest for actual carry.

My Smith & Alexander vests are for me ideal - mostly in hotter weather and when biking. Piece is where it normally is, 3.30 OWB - the vest has cell front left and NAA mini front right - which keeps balance and, reduces wind blow-up prob's.

Once colder tho - either usual OWB again, under open padded shirt or - might occasionally carry in big front pocket of a ''hoodie'' - and then that is more likely to be a BUG or secondary - regular primary still being in usual spot.

I do favor consistency of carry - as my reach to draw is then not only ingrained but free of surprises
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Distinguished Member Array LenS's Avatar
    Boss, never tried the corduroy, only the leather one.

The leather vest is VERY stiff and heavy, even "empty", so nothing is going to sag and give you away.

VIP Member
    A few years ago I bought my brother the Safari vest for Christmas. He loves it, but when he gets sweaty, he has an allergic reaction to whatever they put in the leather. He gets a rash around his neckline where it rubs.

It's made very well and has lots of big pockets. Concealment pockets are on both sides.

The vest does a great job at not printing, but when it is unzipped, it can look slightly crooked with a larger gun weighing down one side. So zip it (or button it) partway up, or even out the weight with extra mags.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

I have a holster vest on order:

http://www.concealedcarryoutfitters....ter%20Vest.htm

I'll let everyone know how it works.

And, my Coronado vest is made of suede, not cordoroy. It will hold my Taurus 617, and it holds a S&W 642 very well. The HK uspc however is too large. The grip prevents me from being able to snap the pocket shut.
    Last edited by Boss Spearman; November 25th, 2005 at 02:47 PM. Reason: additional info

I have had a Safari vest for several years. It will conceal just about any size handgun on either side. Absolutely, no printing. My only problem is that it is of such high quality leather that it can be heavy to wear for long periods of time. But, other than that it is a true quality item.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Coronado currently has their car coat on close out at $199. They only have one size though, 38, and that size fits me. So I went ahead and ordered it. It says it will conceal full size handguns, and I figure I'll hopefully have it the rest of my days.

Links