Concealment T??? Any thoughts?

This is a discussion on Concealment T??? Any thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a way to conceal my S&W Sigma .40 and I don't really want a "holster" So... in my long exhausting search I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Concealment T??? Any thoughts?

I'm looking for a way to conceal my S&W Sigma .40 and I don't really want a "holster"

So... in my long exhausting search I stumbled upon this.

http://www.concealmentt.com/

What do you guys think about this? I like the idea but have a few questions about it.

1. How does it not pull down on that side that the gun is on? It would be uncomfortable if it hung down lower because of the weight of the gun and pulled it down on your shoulder.

2. How secure is the gun when it is in there? I don't wanna bend over and have my "peice" fall out.

Thanks in advance
    Sigma

Administrator
    Pre Shrunk cotton is still going to stretch under gun weight.
    There is no way that it could not pull down on the weapon side.
    It would be almost impossible for even an extra heavy weight cotton T~Shirt to defy the law of gravity.
    I can't see how that could possibly hold any full weight weapon.
    Maybe an AirWeight J~Frame or a small poly framed .380 size firearm.
    I think a fully loaded Sigma 40 would be pushing it a bit.

With a stoked Sigma .40 you'll likely have the very same problems as with the Kramer Confident undershirt.
    The Kramer Confident Shirt (By The Way) is intended for "Deep Cover" concealment only. It is SLOW to draw from.

Those problems would be:
    Extremely slow access to your firearm.

The Confident needs to be worn very tight & it's still Modestly uncomfortable when a full weight weapon pulls down on one side.

If you ever need your firearm in a hurry you will need to rip the buttons off your over~shirt or buy their special "rip open" shirts.

You'll need to launder it probably at least every few days or they get quite tinky in the summertime.

You would be probably be better off buying a vertical shoulder holster with nice wide shoulder straps & just wearing that under your top shirt.
    You can buy a "generic fit" ballistic nylon shoulder rig for about the same money as the Concealment T & at least your firearm will stay put & it will be secure.

Hi SigmaShooter

What is your reason for not wanting a holster?

I think your questions answer themselves. But I have not used this or similar products.
    NRA Life Member

"All That Later"

I wouldn't carry that way either. I know holsters seem like a PITA, but whatcha gonna do?

Interesting design, but I agree with comments that it will surely tend to pull/sag, even with the lightest of guns. However. As I started thinking about it, I believe you could enhance that design simply by adding a support strap, perhaps an inch wide, running from the front side of the holster, up and over the shoulder, and then back down to the back side of the holster. It seems that then the weight would be supported by the strap over the shoulder. Anyway, I like another option of carry that allows me to wear a tuck-in outer shirt without wearing a jacket.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    I have seen several of these shirt-mounted carry options. Some have a pocket on each side so the load can be balanced.

The pistol pocket on some has a retention strap, probably velcroed in place, to secure the pistol.

As earlier repliers pointed out, the main drawbacks are slow access and drag on the shirt proportional to pistol weight. It seems to me also that necessarily frequent washing combined with stitches loosening from the weight would require the user to buy a lot of these over time, compared to leather or kydex holsters.

I like to carry a full-size pistol, so I have not seriously considered one of these due in part to the drag factor.

But I think the biggest drawback is the slow access factor. I saw some quote attributed to Winston Churchill to the effect that a gentleman rarely needs a firearm, but when he does, his need is extreme. I would add a need for extreme speed as well.

I don't waste hours trying to visualize every possible must-shoot scenario, but I do think that a threat arising inside the 21-foot radius is likely. Therefore I consider maximum speed of access very important. Short of walking around with the pistol in hand concealed by a paper bag (like Ackroyd's character in "Grosse Point Blank" ), I find the strong-side IWB or OWB to be capable of the most rapid deployment.

I have a Kramer Confidant shirt.
    It has, in my opinion, very limited uses and I will not buy another one.
    The only time I used it is in situations wear I had to "dress up" in slacks or shorts and a tucked in polo shirt or button down.
    For example, I coach little league baseball, and I have to wear shorts and a tucked in jersey. I wore the undershirt under the jersey with a J-frame revolver.
    Even then, it's a "deep cover" type deal and not easily accessable.

I have since bought a pocket holster for the J-frame and all is well. More comfortable and much quicker to get into action.
    Good luck.
    Sarhog
    NRA Life Member
    Northwest Florida Defensive Pistol Shooters Member
    Sarhog's gallery

Thanks for all the response and helpful hints.

I have decided not to get this shirt. I did however go to the gun show today and found something else that I like that is comfortable to wear and I love it. It is called a pager-pal. First off I talked to the guy who designed it and he was awesome and let us try it out and see how we liked it. I bends with you so you can wear it while sitting down and not have any problems. fairly easy to draw once you get used to it. He was also a very good salesman.

Check it out on his website: http://www.pagerpal.com

I really like it. I'm glad I bought it and think it will be great to carry with.
    What do you think?

Pager Pals... you'll get a lot of different opinions on them. Some people love them, some can't stand them. Haven't tried one myself.

I've seen them but never tried one.

I wouldn't want to carry a full size 1911 that way, but it might be an interesting idea for my Bersa.

Administrator

Pager Pal

I think there were some problems with the earliest Pager Pal holsters. I heard that they were redesigned & that they are useful now.

I've got a PagerPal and after modding it some, I really like it.
    I'm 5'7" and 170 or so. A full size 1911 is no problem for me to carry. It sits on the front of the hip/thigh and really doesn't get in the way or print.

Drawback is that the pistol is tough to get to FAST, so you sacrifice time.
    "Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

Don't know about the "pager Pal' but as for the under-garment carry,probably a great way to carry concealed, but my money says when you would need you gun you will finish second and that is not were you want to be.

Seems to me the best way for this shirt to work would be if you were wearing an open shirt over it. Summertime wearing one of those flower Hawiian type shirts unbuttoned is what I am thinking. Anything else would be restrictive as far as quick access. If that is your typical dress try it. It's $30, not the end of the world for most of us. Let us know how it works if you do.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Lead Moderator
    For deep concealment I go with some type of tuckable holster. As said, the t shirt holsters are slow to access and uncomfortable. Don't want your gun to fall out? Use a holster. Also seems you would need an outer cover garment of some type to conceal a Sigma , unless you are a big guy.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links