IWB/OWB Convertibles

This is a discussion on IWB/OWB Convertibles within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Greetings. How many of you use this type of rig and are you happy with it? Pics would be great if you have them. As ...

Thread: IWB/OWB Convertibles

Question IWB/OWB Convertibles

Greetings. How many of you use this type of rig and are you happy with it? Pics would be great if you have them.

As a noob to CC and not yet having a definite preference one way or the other, this looks like my best option. I think I would prefer to carry OWB about 4 o'clock most often and occasionally IWB in the same position. I also like the idea of a convertible in that I only need one holster instead of two. So far, it looks like FIST makes what I'm thinking of at a decent price. Any comments on them and any others I should look at.

Thanks!

Warmon -

2. Remove Ads

I have two holsters from Simply Rugged on order right now. Do a google search and it should be the first hit you get. No sure if does autos as well, but he does wheelies.

D. M. Bullard makes a dual carry holster.

Distinguished Member Array tinkerinWstuff's Avatar
    I can see wanting to go this route too if funds limited being able to buy one seperate holster for each method. I haven't used one but my fear and experiance is that one size fits all never seems to fit all "well". Whether it's an accessory for your truck or a backpack for hiking. I usually have better luck by purchasing products that are specific to one application. Then I'm guessing you'd have to change over clips or something? That could get old real fast.

I'll be interested to hear if others have had experiance with this type holster as well.

Quote Originally Posted by artemis28 View Post
    D. M. Bullard makes a dual carry holster.
    Here is my D.M Bullard Dual Carry. It's an awseome and comfortable holster. You can move the clips for both IWB or OWB carry.

NRA Member

Quote Originally Posted by Warmon View Post
    Greetings. How many of you use this . So far, it looks like FIST makes what I'm thinking of at a decent price. Any comments on them and any others I should look at.

Thanks!

Warmon -
    I use the FIST #14 which can be used either IWB or OWB and is probably the holster you are referring to.
    I usually use it OWB but when the need arises, the IWB option is nice. I carry a Ruger GP100 in this rig and have been quite pleased with it. Make sure you get a good belt as well. No cheapies.

I think Bluegrass Holsters has something similar to that as well. I have his OWB and it is top notch.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I just ordered the Mason Dixon from Brock (at Bluegrass) and hope to have it in the next month or so. I'll post a review of it when I get it and once I've worn it for a while.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Raven Concelament

They make a kydex rig that I like- it can be IWB, OWB or tuckable IWB. They let you add on all sort of belt hoops and things like paddles (I don't like those), pancakes, etc. Check em out at The Malabar Front.

Guys, thanks for the links, pics and suggestions. I really like the DM Bullard "Dual Carry" and its now on my short list or will be after I confirm that a USP40c is on their gun list. It looks like it was designed specifically for a convertible role, rather than adapted to it.

Links