No Good! Just now got my holster from Wild Bill's Concealment!

This is a discussion on No Good! Just now got my holster from Wild Bill's Concealment! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I got my custom holster from Wild Bill's on Thursday Nov17. I placed that order last year(somewhere around Nov '04), and just now received my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Good! Just now got my holster from Wild Bill's Concealment!

I got my custom holster from Wild Bill's on Thursday Nov17. I placed that order last year(somewhere around Nov '04), and just now received my order.
    I post this thread http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4198&highlight=Wild+Bills+Conceal mentback when I was wondering if they went out of business because they weren't answering my calls or e-mails for months.

What I received in the mail from Wild Bills wasn't what I ordered! It was a custom job for an Undercover IWB left hand draw, black finish, wit a thumb snap to go over the hammer shroud fitted for a Taurus 651.
    What I received was an Undercover IWB with black finish and thumbsnap with a RIGHT HAND DRAW. The thumb snap was poorly put together. Every holster I have(Galco & Andrews Leather) has a metal shank at the break-arm(female side of the snap) to ensure the snap will break when drawing and resnap after holstering. Besides not having any reinforcement at the snap(metal shank on the break arm), I couldn't even break the snap because the break-arm was too short.

I sent the holster back and asked for my money back!

I know custom holsters take a while, but 1 year(from order to receive), I think I deserve to be upset!
    Has anyone else been through this? What company & for what?
    Train how you Fight
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast!
    "Anything you do can get you killed, including nothing." Murphy's Combat Law

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar
    Waiting a year (particularly after having been billed) is too long for anything.

I have dealt with 3 holster companies (though not in the custom leather class) and several other firearm-related suppliers and have found the service level to be generally excellent.

Try someone else and you will probably do better!

I have Black Hills making it now!
    Train how you Fight

Question

Quote Originally Posted by 1man
    I have Black Hills making it now!
    Why not Sam Andrews?

Many years ago, my wife got me a Blade Tech IWB for my Glock M30 and it had to be a Christmas Delivery at her parents in upstate Florida. They said that since the order was placed in OCT...no prob! The holster didn't arrive. My wife flew into such a fit the next time they were open they got me the holster AND comped me a combo mag/light holder. Well....not me.....they comped my wife. I guess she reminded them of their wives or something. But I have overall been very satisfied with Blade Tech products and service. As a personal plus, they're a Christian company. Look at one of their products. See the little teeeny tiny fish stamp?
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

ExSoldier762,

I didn't forget about Sam(he was my first choice). He didn't want to make it because he tried it in the past(research & testing) and he didn't feel comfortable with the results to put it on the market.

I was going with Blade-Tech's UCH but I need a thumb snap to satify LEA's off duty/plainclothes carry policy. So I had another leather holster made!

I have Sam on 2 custom projects right now!
    Train how you Fight

ExSoldier762,

What is the turnaround time for Sam Andrews? Ive heard nothing but good stuff about him. Pluse, he lives in the same county as I do.

Thumbs up Sam Andrews RULES!

Quote Originally Posted by gregarat
    ExSoldier762,

What is the turnaround time for Sam Andrews? Ive heard nothing but good stuff about him. Pluse, he lives in the same county as I do.
    You're in Alauchua? I'll be in Lake City visiting my father-in-law over Christmas. We should get together. Where do you shoot?

Sam's turn-around depends on what you want. If he's got what you want in stock it's instantaneous. But if it's a custom job, he's got a pretty big backlog. Have you been to his web-site? http://www.andrewsleather.com When he makes a holster for me, I usually get my initials on it. If I get my H&K USP, I'll likely get his IPSC Hybrid Saddle holster. That is near enough one of the FAStest holsters I've ever seen.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

wild bills

you're not the only one that's had problems. there's a thread at the high road.org in the retail and private transaction forum about his customer service. i know i won't buy anything from him. charging you before shipping isn't right. i just ordered some holsters from k&d and he said i won't be charged until they ship. said it might take up to 8 weeks but that's okay with me. at least he was up front about it, and very helpful in helping me decide which one's i needed.

Sam Andrews is a top notch holster maker. I often talk with him at the local gun shows, and we will refer customers to one another. He's very intelligent and knows what goes into making an excellent holster. He's a great person to talk to - no matter what the subject. You will be exceptionally pleased with any holster you receive from him.

I have a very nice Wild Bills open top rig for the Glock 17 I got in trade. It's a well-done holster, and rides great on my hip.

Shame he didn't do yours right.
    "I Don't Want To Socialize With A Pinko Liberal Democrat Commie. Say What You Like About Republicans. We Stick To Our Convictions. Even When We Know We're Dead Wrong." Denny Crane:

Like I said before, 1 year is a long time. But if I would have received the right holster(with all the details I asked for), you would not hear a peep out of me!

Sam Andrews will always be my 1st option for custom work!
    Train how you Fight

Like I said before, 1 year is a long time. But if I would have received the right holster(with all the details I asked for), you would not hear a peep out of me!

Sam Andrews will always be my 1st option for custom work!
    I think, that after 120 days, I'd have been on the phone to touch base with the Company, and to also re-interate exactly what I wanted/ordered. It sounds like there was a mix-up of some sorts with the order. it happens. Just my thoughts on the mixup.
    I'd call em back to see if they'd comp you for your troubles. Most top rate people will do it for you.
    Why Waltz when you can Rock-N-Roll

Quote Originally Posted by CLASS3NH
    I think, that after 120 days, I'd have been on the phone to touch base with the Company, and to also re-interate exactly what I wanted/ordered. It sounds like there was a mix-up of some sorts with the order. it happens. Just my thoughts on the mixup.
    I'd call em back to see if they'd comp you for your troubles. Most top rate people will do it for you.

I kept trying to keep in contact so they don't mess up my order. After a couple of weeks when they said I should receive my order, they disappeared. I called and sent e-mails for months, no answer. I thought they had went out of business(months after I stopped calling and sending e-mails because I felt there was no use). Then that day, I had a small box come in the mail. I know I was not expecting any packages. When I saw the box, the first thing I said was "this better not be from Wild Bill's". When I opened the box and saw that they messed up my order, I was on fire! Called them and the credit card company to get my money back!
    Train how you Fight

Has anyone else been through this? What company & for what?
    Oooooooooooooooh yes. In the following thread, I have only glowing comments about Brockman's Rifles. It's the other company that ... well, when you read it, you'll see.

http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31578

In all fairness, it turned out okay though. I never got the promised wrench, the initial engraving that was on my invoice, or my pistol box back, but the weapon functions perfectly so far.

http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33896

Best,
    Jon
    "You may not know it, but there's things that gnaw at a man worse than dyin'."

Charles Travis Postlewaite, 1882

Dont know how i missed this thread the first time but to bad things havent worked out and yeah 1 year little bit to long..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links