Defensive Carry banner

No Good! Just now got my holster from Wild Bill's Concealment!

5K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  1man 
#1 ·
I got my custom holster from Wild Bill's on Thursday Nov17. I placed that order last year(somewhere around Nov '04), and just now received my order.
I post this thread http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=4198&highlight=Wild+Bills+Concealmentback when I was wondering if they went out of business because they weren't answering my calls or e-mails for months.

What I received in the mail from Wild Bills wasn't what I ordered! It was a custom job for an Undercover IWB left hand draw, black finish, wit a thumb snap to go over the hammer shroud fitted for a Taurus 651.
What I received was an Undercover IWB with black finish and thumbsnap with a RIGHT HAND DRAW. The thumb snap was poorly put together. Every holster I have(Galco & Andrews Leather) has a metal shank at the break-arm(female side of the snap) to ensure the snap will break when drawing and resnap after holstering. Besides not having any reinforcement at the snap(metal shank on the break arm), I couldn't even break the snap because the break-arm was too short.

I sent the holster back and asked for my money back!

I know custom holsters take a while, but 1 year(from order to receive), I think I deserve to be upset!
Has anyone else been through this? What company & for what?

See less See more
#2 ·
Waiting a year (particularly after having been billed) is too long for anything.

I have dealt with 3 holster companies (though not in the custom leather class) and several other firearm-related suppliers and have found the service level to be generally excellent.

Try someone else and you will probably do better!

#4 ·
1man said:
I have Black Hills making it now!
Why not Sam Andrews?

Many years ago, my wife got me a Blade Tech IWB for my Glock M30 and it had to be a Christmas Delivery at her parents in upstate Florida. They said that since the order was placed in OCT...no prob! The holster didn't arrive. My wife flew into such a fit the next time they were open they got me the holster AND comped me a combo mag/light holder. Well....not me.....they comped my wife. I guess she reminded them of their wives or something. But I have overall been very satisfied with Blade Tech products and service. As a personal plus, they're a Christian company. Look at one of their products. See the little teeeny tiny fish stamp?

#5 ·
ExSoldier762,

I didn't forget about Sam(he was my first choice). He didn't want to make it because he tried it in the past(research & testing) and he didn't feel comfortable with the results to put it on the market.

I was going with Blade-Tech's UCH but I need a thumb snap to satify LEA's off duty/plainclothes carry policy. So I had another leather holster made!

I have Sam on 2 custom projects right now!

#7 ·
Sam Andrews RULES!

gregarat said:
ExSoldier762,

What is the turnaround time for Sam Andrews? Ive heard nothing but good stuff about him. Pluse, he lives in the same county as I do.
You're in Alauchua? I'll be in Lake City visiting my father-in-law over Christmas. We should get together. Where do you shoot?

Sam's turn-around depends on what you want. If he's got what you want in stock it's instantaneous. But if it's a custom job, he's got a pretty big backlog. Have you been to his web-site? http://www.andrewsleather.com When he makes a holster for me, I usually get my initials on it. If I get my H&K USP, I'll likely get his IPSC Hybrid Saddle holster. That is near enough one of the FASTEST holsters I've ever seen.

#8 ·
wild bills

you're not the only one that's had problems. there's a thread at the high road.org in the retail and private transaction forum about his customer service. i know i won't buy anything from him. charging you before shipping isn't right. i just ordered some holsters from k&d and he said i won't be charged until they ship. said it might take up to 8 weeks but that's okay with me. at least he was up front about it, and very helpful in helping me decide which one's i needed.

#9 ·
Sam Andrews is a top notch holster maker. I often talk with him at the local gun shows, and we will refer customers to one another. He's very intelligent and knows what goes into making an excellent holster. He's a great person to talk to - no matter what the subject. You will be exceptionally pleased with any holster you receive from him.

#10 ·
I have a very nice Wild Bills open top rig for the Glock 17 I got in trade. It's a well-done holster, and rides great on my hip.

Shame he didn't do yours right.

#11 ·
Like I said before, 1 year is a long time. But if I would have received the right holster(with all the details I asked for), you would not hear a peep out of me!

Sam Andrews will always be my 1st option for custom work!

#12 ·
1man said:
Like I said before, 1 year is a long time. But if I would have received the right holster(with all the details I asked for), you would not hear a peep out of me!

Sam Andrews will always be my 1st option for custom work!
I think, that after 120 days, I'd have been on the phone to touch base with the Company, and to also re-interate exactly what I wanted/ordered. It sounds like there was a mix-up of some sorts with the order. it happens. Just my thoughts on the mixup. :biggrin:
I'd call em back to see if they'd comp you for your troubles. Most top rate people will do it for you. :biggrin:

#13 ·
CLASS3NH said:
I think, that after 120 days, I'd have been on the phone to touch base with the Company, and to also re-interate exactly what I wanted/ordered. It sounds like there was a mix-up of some sorts with the order. it happens. Just my thoughts on the mixup. :biggrin:
I'd call em back to see if they'd comp you for your troubles. Most top rate people will do it for you. :biggrin:

I kept trying to keep in contact so they don't mess up my order. After a couple of weeks when they said I should receive my order, they disappeared. I called and sent e-mails for months, no answer. I thought they had went out of business(months after I stopped calling and sending e-mails because I felt there was no use). Then that day, I had a small box come in the mail. I know I was not expecting any packages. When I saw the box, the first thing I said was "this better not be from Wild Bill's". When I opened the box and saw that they messed up my order, I was on fire! Called them and the credit card company to get my money back!

#14 ·
1man said:
Has anyone else been through this? What company & for what?
Oooooooooooooooh yes. In the following thread, I have only glowing comments about Brockman's Rifles. It's the other company that ... well, when you read it, you'll see.

http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=31578

In all fairness, it turned out okay though. I never got the promised wrench, the initial engraving that was on my invoice, or my pistol box back, but the weapon functions perfectly so far.

http://www.armslocker.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33896

Best,
Jon

#16 ·
Bad Holster and 1man

When did you pay for the holster and how? If by credit card upon delivery (or shipping) you can reject the charge via your credit card company. If the charge is over a year old you're probably at Wild Bill's mercy.

I'm not suggesting the most extreme measure first, but given their total lack of responsiveness, it may be what's required.

Good luck!

:cool:

#17 ·
Well, I think everyone who has made a holster has lost an order, made a lefty a righty, vertical instead of FBI and so on. Stuff happens and sometimes you cant avoid it.
When it happens to me, I make the right holster and give them 25% off of their next order or throw in a free single mag holster......something worth their time and patience.......
Thats just me.......Shoot well.

#18 ·
I do not care who the hoslter maker is or retailer is--

Communication is most important. There is no good excuse for not communicating. Many times through communication many issues can be smoothed out before they become a major problem.

Also there is no good reason for taking full payment months before delivery. If required, a deposit should suffice unless you are in the car business where anything and everything is possible. (no offense to car sales people).

Regards,

Craig

#19 ·
I am also a Sam Andrews customer and have been for 7 or 8 years now.
I have 2 Hybrid saddle holsters, 2 McDaniel rigs and a Monarch Shoulder Holster.
I have also referred to Sam at least 20 other customers who are all ecstatic over his craftsmanship.

Some times a holster from Sam can take up to 3 to 4 months. But he's always the guy who answers the phone whenever you call.

While I'm sure that Eric and Gary are top notch as well, I don't think I'll ever buy a holster from anyone but Sam.

#20 ·
"While I'm sure that Eric and Gary are top notch as well, I don't think I'll ever buy a holster from anyone but Sam."

More power to you......that says alot about his work and your dedication.....both are great things.

Shoot well.

#22 ·
I am somewhat surprised that Sam uses suede linings in his holsters, or at least some of them.
I have a MacDaniel II that has the rough side out and smooth side in. It is a very high quality holster. However, he shows his Saddle Style holsters as fully suede lined. I would not want a suede lined holster.

Jerry

#23 ·
JerryM said:
I am somewhat surprised that Sam uses suede linings in his holsters, or at least some of them.
I have a MacDaniel II that has the rough side out and smooth side in. It is a very high quality holster. However, he shows his Saddle Style holsters as fully suede lined. I would not want a suede lined holster.

Jerry
Because the MacDaniel2 is an IWB holster, the rough side out is to help prevent the holster from rising using your clothes as a friction anchor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.